Typing all by itself

cynh

Reaction score
About a week ago when I picked up my Samsung s5 my color note app opened and my it just started typing, extremely fast. It was complete sentences but didn't make any sense. I tried everything and finally got the phone to power off. Now tonight when I opened my calendar it opened up a day and started typing again. I saved it this time and the message was "Hey guys are having problems. it will take a few weeks, so I'm sure it was not able, I will try" Any idea what is up with my phone??? What would be causing this?

OP
C

cynh

Reaction score
It sounds like the cache in the keyboard app may be messed up. Does it work in other apps OK?

I has done it in the color note app and now the calendar.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Have you tried clearing the cache in the keyboard app? Then force close and restart. Or, see if you can change keyboards. If it's still happening you may have a digitizer fault/problem.

OP
C

cynh

Reaction score
Have you tried clearing the cache in the keyboard app? Then force close and restart. Or, see if you can change keyboards. If it's still happening you may have a digitizer fault/problem.

How do I find what keyboard I am using? when I go to the app manager I see Samsung keypad then tapping settings I have check marks next to swype and google voice, but none next to samsung keyboard. So I must be in the wrong place? as there is no cache to delete. help??? :)

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
In settings, under input, it should tell you what keyboard you have set as the default. It's probably the Google kbd.

OP
C

cynh

Reaction score
In settings, under input, it should tell you what keyboard you have set as the default. It's probably the Google kbd.

I don't have input under my settings :(

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Hey Cyn, in your settings, click on "language & input". Then, (see picture)
M7QAwIT.jpg

Make sure your "default" matches the keyboard you're using. If you notice my default says "swype" and under that, you'll see there's a check mark indicating I'm using swype. If you click on the word "default", a drop down menu will appear so you can change your default to match the keyboard you have checked off below.

If none of the suggestions above work, try changing your keyboard. On your stock device, you should have Samsung, Google or Swype to choose from.
After changing your keyboard, back out of your settings, reboot your phone and see if the problem persists.
Let us know how it goes and we can proceed from there.

Last edited:

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
This may sound weird as well...but possibly interference from a Bluetooth keyboard? OR..i have seen weird stuff like this on an S4. I would do an FDR...my mind wanders to possible viral activity with this one! :/