Typical Free Internal Memory?

hydrolex99

Reaction score
Out of curiosity how much free internal memory do you guys have? I'm running at around 70. Also, how much is performance dependent on how much internal memory is available?

ShowTime

Reaction score
180 MB
Try clearing the caches for all your apps to see if that frees some up for you.

Droidfish

Reaction score
I was flotaing around 20 to 30 spare mb for a while then I flashed my droid with rsdlite(phone was pretty effed up from my own experimenting and modding) installed droidmod and now have about 100 mb free.
What's weird is i really didn't get rid of any apps.

That said I really don't think available memory affects performance, hopefully someone a little wiser will fill us in from a technical standpoint

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Free memory is just wasted memory. If more memory is needed for a process to run Android will simply kick another process out of memory. No need to worry about how much is free.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I'm usually sitting at around 80-107MB, but I also have TasKiller blowing away all the apps I'm not using or that are in the ignore list, because it helps me sleep at night, floats my boat, is my own, and is my preference. ;)

jimnutt

Reaction score
Android is Linux at it's heart. And like Linux it will allocate any memory left over from applications for buffering and caching. This means that your free memory will often look very low, but isn't really. As LifeIsABeach said, free memory is wasted memory, better to put it to use doing something than to let it sit their using power and doing nothing.