Types of random reboots? Not all reboots are created equal!

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by MrDonBonJovi, Jun 23, 2010.

1. MrDonBonJovi

MrDonBonJovi New Member

I know of the lock screen reboot issue which was mostly caused by tying to unlock the phone and hitting the camera and power button.

But what other reboot types are people experiencing?

I usually will be on my phone and it becomes unresponsive (freezes) for about 20 seconds then reboots. It will also reboot while idling on my desk as well but I am not sure of the unresponsive nature of the phone which makes me think its the same issue for both.

Does anyone have an idea of a fix for this issue? I already deleted the shutdown script and have verified the buttons won't reboot or shutdown my phone. I have tried Chevy, Stock, and P3 Kernels.

Also, how does your phone spaz and reboot? I think this type of thread might be good to diagnose and potentially fix issues on our own or though an updated ROM.
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Every Blue Moon I get a reboot, after pulling it out of the docking station and I am pretty sure it is because I try to start going before it has internally transitioned from "DockMode" to "UserMode"...BB 0.2

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space
  3. Dmoralize

Dmoralize New Member

I'm running a stock unthemed version of BB0.2.1. Chevy's 1GHZ ULV kernel. Currently at 50 hours without any reboots. I keep the phone in my pocket and haven't even had any accidental reboots from hitting the buttons. Chevy has different voltage levels of his kernels and every phone seems to respond differently to them. ULV works great for me but have you tried maybe running the LV or MED voltage versions?

These kinds of things are hard to troubleshoot. Everyone has different configurations and different apps installed. I've always had good luck with my droid though.
  4. FknTwizted

FknTwizted New Member

I have tried everything, and cant pin it down. is there anybody that has found a thread that could help with fixing the random reboots?
  5. AmericanNomads

AmericanNomads New Member

The other day I kept getting kicked off the internet then Id reconnect and it would freeze and reboot. Today I went it hit me like "Hey, you have tried everything but to lower your kernel" so I went back to P3 1.1 (which shows as 1.2). The days before all this started happening I tried a new kernel and completely overlooked it (P3 1.25). Now that Im back on the original kernel I was running it still seems like I sometimes I still get the boot but I dont think its rebooted but it just randomly shuts down my browser. Im sorry if this is poorly written, Im in a rush haha
  6. shakesbrice22

shakesbrice22 New Member

I have the same problem and have tried tons of different kernels to no avail. I get random times where the internet keeps quitting on me (no force closing just quits) and then I get times of soft reboots (when the phone doesn't fully shut down but goes into the droid x and such). If anyone can give a fix for this it a would pretty much solve my life problems :)

Moto Droid- Rooted
    BB v.4
    Luna Theme
    Kernel-switching all the time trying to find one that works with no glitches
  7. R-Type

R-Type New Member

I am new to overclocking my droid, but very seasoned with overclocking my PC's. On a PC, if you push an OC to far, you can end up with corrupted data that gets saved to the system or corrupts an important file. After this has occurred, your OS instalation will remain unstable even if you remove the overclock because the error generated during the overclock persists. To fix this on a PC you reformat, to fix it on your droid I believe you could reflash the ROM.
  8. davros

davros Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I get weird random reboots also and think maybe I have narrowed it down to either p3 sv1.25 kernal is to fast for my phone, or it really likes to do it when I am teying to use my phone and cpu temp is near 140f maybe to hot idk

Ya I used tapatalk...
  9. cyberjeff

cyberjeff New Member

Sometimes my phone reboots when using the navigation feature in google maps. I'm running BBv0.4, chevys 1.0LV, and NexTheme for BBv0.4.