TWRP Recovery For Samsung Galaxy S5 Now Available

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
twrp.png

The first step towards custom roms is having a custom recovery installed on your Android device. Well TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte) is now available for your flashing pleasure.
You can either flash TWRP on your Galaxy S5 from within Android using Goomanager but you need to be rooted, or you can use Odin to flash TWRP. There is a third way as well but we do not recommend that because a simple typo with this method could result in a brick.

For more details, download links and installation instructions head over to the TWRP page for Samsung Galaxy S5.

PLEASE NOTE: ONLY AVAILABLE FOR THOSE S5's THAT ARE ROOTED.

Source: TWRP via AndroidNews

Last edited:

da2zoe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
That's great! I've always been a fan of TWRP. Thanks for sharing J!

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now if we can only get the bootloader unlocked for Verizon so we can actually use TWRP. I had it on my GNEX & really want it on my S5.

Sent from Big Blue Country

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Will Towelroot unlock the bootloader?

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
Towelroot will only give you root. I'm pretty sure Hashcode is working on updating or about to update Safestrap.

Sent from Big Blue Country
Simply being able to root is great in itself, and if that was as far as they ever got, I'd be fine with it as long as I could use Titanium Backup, AdAway, a firewall, and do some mods with Xposed. But having TWRP and the *choice* to use custom ROMs if I wanted would be absolutely awesome. I'm thankful that there are determined developers working on it.