Two very weird problems...well 3

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by kanyonkritter, Jun 22, 2011.

1. kanyonkritter

kanyonkritter Member

Ok so ever since I have tried to tether my Droid to my lap top, whether I was able to actually make it happen or not, I would have to completely uninstall my T-Mobile web connect manager and then reinstall it before I could access the net. The funnny thing is that the web connect manager appears to be working fine when this is going on. It says I am connected, shows the server, my connection speed, etc........but when I open IE, or any web browser for that matter I get a "cannot display webpage error" and a "diagnose connection problem" prompt.<<<<<<<<<all of this is happening on my windows XP machine. That being said ever since I have gone from my stock Droid to the cyanogenmod, "latest stable rom" I haven't been able to figure out how to transfer files between my Droid and my PC I also get a warning that I am using a USB 1.0 port (its a 2.0) and that I should connect to a 2.0 port or suffer performance loss????????any ideas to help solve my problems? I am totally stumped :(
  2. mightybrick

mightybrick New Member

Well, there's your problem. :p In all seriousness though, which method are you using to try and tether? Also, what kernel are you running, and I presume you are running CM7.0.3, based on what you posted?
  3. 0vermind

0vermind New Member

Sounds like a driver issue. Try installing PDANet, follow all of the instructions carefully, and when it gets to the point where it asks you which manufacturer driver to use, pick the manufacturer of your phone (Motorola). Make sure your phone is in usb debugging mode first.

Report back!