Two very simple questions

gdroid

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

A quick two questions, keep in mind I am a new user of this new technology and in theory I know some of the answers but that is it THEORY. Ok,

Question 1.
Is there like a notepad that comes with the Droid or do I have to download it? If so which one do you guys recommend?

Question 2.
I have unlimited data so is there a way to use my internet connection from my Droid and also use it on my laptop??? I hope that makes sense. I am right now paying for my dsl and my data unlimited plan as well... do not want to pay both!!!

thanks for your kind replays

drew

Reaction score
#1: Download as an app. I use AndroNotes, but there are literally hundreds to pick from.

#2: Download PDAnet from the Market. It will allow you to tether your laptop to your phone. Lots of discussion on tethering here on the boards. Search is your friend.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
1. There's a bunch of notepad apps, check'em out. I don't use any so i can't recommend any.

2. You can tether with PDAnet i believe. However, if you go that route, I believe you have a 5gb limit, also the Droid doesn't have a tether plan yet so if Verizon catches you I believe there are some consequences? Not 100% sure though

toddegreene

Reaction score
1. I use Note Everything from the marketplace.

2. PDANet from the marketplace. There is a free and paid version (free blocks secure sites). WiFi Tether if you're rooted.

However, using tether is against the Terms of Service and if you're caught you could be liable for some serious monetary reparations. So, don't use it, or don't get caught. Large amounts of data are how you'll get caught. Using tethering as your primary high speed for your laptop is a guaranteed way to gobble up the GBs.

zakany

Reaction score
Is there like a notepad that comes with the Droid or do I have to download it? If so which one do you guys recommend?

No. I use one called "Notes."

I have unlimited data so is there a way to use my internet connection from my Droid and also use it on my laptop??? I hope that makes sense. I am right now paying for my dsl and my data unlimited plan as well... do not want to pay both!!!
You can tether your laptop through your Droid, but it may be slow. Of course, tethering is not supported by Verizon, whose network is geared toward phone usage. But just because you shouldn't do something doesn't mean you can't. Tethering is in that category.

Edit: I don't mean to imply that Verizon can't handle tethering. Just that they do not anticipate dozens of Gb of traffic from each phone every month.

Last edited:

Grabraham

Reaction score
I had a tethering plan with my last 2 smartphones and had to drop it for the droid so it was a $180 per year loss for VZW. I use PDA net for in the rare case I need to tether for a support call etc.

OP
G

gdroid

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies...