Two thoughts about Google Nav.

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Guindalf, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Guindalf

Guindalf New Member

Perhaps I'm overlooking the obvious, but there are two issues I have with Nav.

1. Can't find a "Recent destinations" list so I can re-call addresses without having to speak or type them in.

2. Can't seem to find a way to display the road I'm taking without having a route set. IOW, I would like to have the Sat view of my location and path while I'm driving to, say, work.

Am I missing something or are these things that need to be added to the app?
  2. volando

volando New Member

Maps -> Navigate -> Press "End point" field, both a keyboard and a "last visited" scrollable location list pop up

Now what I can't figure out is how to display the map navigation-style (isometric 3d-ish view with the map turning as i turn) when I'm not actually navigating to somewhere. That little blue dot is practically invisible and the top-down view isn't that great in regular maps...
  3. mrvogt

mrvogt New Member

For common destinations, set up a Directions shortcut. A single click on the icon will launch the nav app with it as a destination.
  4. cLovis_ll

cLovis_ll New Member

when your on google maps, hit the menu icon theres an option that says "My Location"