Two Releases Two Days, Froyo Anyone? - Sapphire 0.6.0

monnietron

Reaction score
we're trying to get to the bottom of the market issue... we'll release 0.6.1 once we have a fix

I work in a VZW store... there is an alert for the Android Market not working right now, it's not your rom =) I just found that out now AFTER switching back to my old rom teehee.

LVGDroidFan

Reaction score
For some reason, Facebook refuses to even give the option to sync. I even uninstalled and push a file to system, but still no sync... dunno what would cause that, but thought it could help in getting this thing perfected, because it is smooth, and nice to run something from source and not a leak.

Also, the Elliot Stocker music apk does work, but playlist still force closes. So I'm guessing there's an incompatibility there that can be fixed now that source is out.

Had the same problem with Facebook. Also having problems with many downloads from the market - not sure if this is related to this ROM - it seems like there may be general market problems today, judging from other threads.

EDIT: Market OK now - 3:40 Pacific time

Last edited:

bkd11

Reaction score
For some reason, Facebook refuses to even give the option to sync.

I noticed this too.

Just tested Pandora through bluetooth in my car and it seemed like the sound quality was better than on the leaked version. (Leaked version's sound quality was garbage.) But the music doesn't shut off when you remove the headset still like it did on 2.1. Also when navigation speaks it shuts it off and doesn't start playing again.

No market problems and running smooth!

Edit: I think that Pandora just has issues with Froyo and needs to be updated because the android music app works flawlessly.

Last edited:

les017

Reaction score
Nothing from the market will install, except for my paid applications...says download unsucessful almost instantly.

I get the same. I was able to get Titanium, SetCPU, Root Explorer and that's it. Worse yet, I decided to bag the download and go back using Titanium, but Titanium see me with NO backups...ever. Reflashed Kangerade, went thru process again with multi wipes, etc. Pretty much same story except this time I could not get Titanium thru Market, only SetCPU.Back on Kangerade for now, while I ponder....

Just checking back in to confirm that this ROM, in my experience, is the first Froyo ROM that plays well (at all) with Apple's Airport base stations.

Odd, as I have never had any issue with my Apple A/P Ext since November. Was this a generally known issue? Just curious.

les017

Reaction score
we're trying to get to the bottom of the market issue... we'll release 0.6.1 once we have a fix

I work in a VZW store... there is an alert for the Android Market not working right now, it's not your rom =) I just found that out now AFTER switching back to my old rom teehee.

Oh, well ignore my previous post :icon_eek: Thank you

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys, the market has been having issues, and its already happened to some N1 users a day or two ago. Guess it caught up to us. Im still using 0.5.2 and i cant download either, so its not just you.

Reaction score
Anyone tried any themes yet?

I tried Blue Energy Froyo but it just stayed at the Droid Eye.

Bob

edit: sorry it is stuck at the Motorola M logo

Last edited:

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried any themes yet?

I tried Blue Energy Froyo but it just stayed at the Droid Eye.

Bob

Supposedly, this ROM doesn't have theme support at the moment, and it will be fixed in the next release. I don't know really what sniffle meant by that, but most themes might not work.

CLShade

Reaction score
Just checking back in to confirm that this ROM, in my experience, is the first Froyo ROM that plays well (at all) with Apple's Airport base stations.

Odd, as I have never had any issue with my Apple A/P Ext since November. Was this a generally known issue? Just curious.

I don't think it was a known issue or of much concern to most people.

I only saw one other post of someone having trouble getting Froyo to keep its wifi connection with an Airport- I had to dig to find it. No solution was mentioned but that someone else had the same issue was enough to get me testing it on other wifi routers. No trouble except with the Apple ones. Odd, since it had always worked fine until switching to Froyo.

With this release I have to poke the wifi hotspot settings a couple times and restart the wifi but it works perfectly after that. :huh: I tried putting a bone through my nose and chanting as that made about as much sense, but it didn't help.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Every thing runs good so far.

With every Froyo release, it fixes something that didn't work in the last one....

I can access the clock in Beautiful Widgets now...I'm a simple man with simple needs...lol

Good job on this release cvps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Luxferro

Reaction score
Is wifi tethering broken for anyone else? whenever I enable wifi, the tethering icon is showing. But if you go into settings, tether is off, and if you try to enable, it says error.

I already tried wipe x2 and reinstall. Got the same results.

Another weird thing, is the wifi won't see my companies wireless router anymore... but sees other routers. Gotta go back to my leaked froyo.. need my wireless at work :[

edit: weird, like 5 minutes later is sees my company wireless and connects.

OP
S

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
potential market fix!

if i can get a few confirmations i will post it up on the main page for everyone.

this is from CVPCS

open task manager
kill Market and Download Provider
restart Market
Downloads should work.

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
Is anyone having the random reboots on this version. I have tried every version of the Froyo leak with every kernel out there and I would always get random reboots. So, I went back to 2.1 until something solid came out.