Two Razr Problems

Raikkonen

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm currently having two issues while running. 214 unrooted, stock. The first is that my data keeps dropping (currently in Buffalo, NY) and I heard they are doing LTE work in the area. Is that related to my issue? Second is that my phone doesn't vibrate when calls/texts come in when clearly it indicates that it's set to do so.

EDIT: Just checked my sister's. 211 stock, unrooted phone. She has a 3G/LTE connection so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hey there Raikkonen, I can't say for sure what the issues you are having are, but they could easily be related to tower work. Even if your sister has signal you might not, since there is always the possibility you are on two different towers.

Still, you are running a "leaked" version of Android, one that is known to have some issues, so it could easily be due to that version. There is a newer "leaked" version out there, .215, and there has been a lot of good feedback regarding that version. I am running it now, and it's snappy and I haven't lost signal.

To install, you will need to run a small utility written by Matt L Groff, to revert to the .211 version, then upgrade from there to .215. I did it last night, but I wasn't on .214, so all I needed to do was the upgrade, however it can't be flashed from .214, it must be flashed from .211.

See : http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-maxx/216803-215-ics-leak.html and http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-razr-maxx-ics-discussion/216737-ics-leak-215-a.html.

Good luck! :biggrin:

Fadeds

Reaction score
I live in Niagara Falls which 20 miles from buffalo. This area has never been the most stable for signal strength. From my experience the closer you get to Canada the more problems you will have with signal. The shop i work out of is on the Niagara gorge and when I'm there i get about 6 hours of battery life because its constantly searching for a signal. I also flashed the .215 leak, hopefully it will help with some of those issue's.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The .215 leak is VERY nice. I have it on my MAXX, and it's snappy, and I've had NO troubles with it whatsoever. I think they've got a hit with that one. Now if they can resolve a couple minor issues like the icons being too dark in the notification bar, it would be a home-run.

OP
Raikkonen

Raikkonen

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
Hey there Raikkonen, I can't say for sure what the issues you are having are, but they could easily be related to tower work. Even if your sister has signal you might not, since there is always the possibility you are on two different towers.

Still, you are running a "leaked" version of Android, one that is known to have some issues, so it could easily be due to that version. There is a newer "leaked" version out there, .215, and there has been a lot of good feedback regarding that version. I am running it now, and it's snappy and I haven't lost signal.

To install, you will need to run a small utility written by Matt L Groff, to revert to the .211 version, then upgrade from there to .215. I did it last night, but I wasn't on .214, so all I needed to do was the upgrade, however it can't be flashed from .214, it must be flashed from .211.

See : http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-maxx/216803-215-ics-leak.html and http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-razr-maxx-ics-discussion/216737-ics-leak-215-a.html.

Worked like a charm! Still crossing my fingers that the data connection will be steady though

Fadeds

Reaction score
Hey foxkat, you notice any difference with. 215? I know you have a "maxx" so you dont have to worry about battery life lol. I haven't noticed much except for the smooth response on screen transition and general stuff like that. Battery life seems the same and so does signal. Then again my job brings me to yet another place where signal is a constant struggle. Maybe I'll do a battery conditioning tonight.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The .215 leak is VERY nice. I have it on my MAXX, and it's snappy, and I've had NO troubles with it whatsoever. I think they've got a hit with that one. Now if they can resolve a couple minor issues like the icons being too dark in the notification bar, it would be a home-run.

^^^ +1 :)

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey foxkat, you notice any difference with. 215? I know you have a "maxx" so you dont have to worry about battery life lol. I haven't noticed much except for the smooth response on screen transition and general stuff like that. Battery life seems the same and so does signal. Then again my job brings me to yet another place where signal is a constant struggle. Maybe I'll do a battery conditioning tonight.

For me it's been really speedy and snappy. I have had my Maxx less than a month and since it came out of the box I have gone from Gingerbread to ICS then the .214 leak and then to the .215 leak, just last night I did a FDR to optimize everything and it is smooth as butter and my connection is much much better. Mobile Hotspot is also faster, and it connects to my laptop faster as well. I will see how much battery life I get out of it since I took it off the charger this morning. So far so good. I like it alot. :)

Fadeds

Reaction score
You know i was think about doing an FDR myself i just hate to have to set everything up again.

I'm noticing that I'm not getting the signal strength that everyone is talking about. Im thinking it was better on .211, for me anyways. An FDR wouldn't fix that, would it?

Last edited: