Two questions...

Reaction score
Could someone tell me if it's ok to change my font now that I'm rooted
And could someone send or link the need for speed demo? Thought I could get it back on the market but I guess not

OP
M
Reaction score
not even one reply???

I understand noone knowing if we can change the font safely but come on everyone thats rooted their X has access to the nfs demo and noone all day out of 70+ people have even offered to help ...someone just throw me a bone or something jeez...

Humpa

Reaction score
Could someone tell me if it's ok to change my font now that I'm rooted
And could someone send or link the need for speed demo? Thought I could get it back on the market but I guess not
Where is yours? If you deleted it, then you must know the name and location of the file. Perhaps you could post that info to help out someone trying to help you. I looked briefly, but didn't see anything starting with "N".

sic0048

Reaction score
I understand noone knowing if we can change the font safely but come on everyone thats rooted their X has access to the nfs demo and noone all day out of 70+ people have even offered to help ...someone just throw me a bone or something jeez...

Also, don't assume that everyone that has looked at this thread has a rooted DroidX. With such a generic title to your thread, many people probably have read it just to see what the "Two Questions" were. I did! But sorry, I don't have a DroidX yet, so I cannot help.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I personally wouldn't change anything til there is a sbf file out. Without it you stand a change of bricking your X with no way to recover.

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks for the reply

To get the nfs demo...use root explorer navigate to data/app/
I think its called nfsdemo or something..
I changed the name of everything except that stupid demo I deleted before I even realized what I had done

Yea I'm afraid to change the font cause I don't want to brick my X but does anyone know if changing the font even effects the framework...I mean the font is renamed and put in the other fonts place ..doesn't seem too dangerous :)

jacksonj51

Reaction score
I don't see how it would brick the phone?

If anyone wants to try it I attached the Russell square font(my favorite).

The easiest way to do it would be to manually do it with rootexplorer....

Create a folder on your sd card and name it 'fonts' then make two folders within it... one named 'mod' and the other 'stock'

Take the two font file's out of the zip folder I attached or any other fonts you want, just make sure to name them the same as these, and put them into the 'mod' folder you made.

Then using rootexplorer(root users only) go into system/fonts and copy 'DroidSans-Bold.ttf' and 'DroidSans.ttf' and paste them into your 'stock' folder... this way you have your originals in case u need to change back to stock.

Then copy the 'DroidSans-Bold.ttf' and the 'DroidSans.ttf' from your 'mod' folder and paste them into your system/fonts folder, overwriting the one's in there.

Reboot

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks for the reply again but...

I understand how to change the font(hell even have one renamed on the sdcard ready to go) but I'm still looking for assurance from someone who knows if its 100% safe
Also still waiting for the nfs demo...if someone could get that from rootexplorer data/app/nfs(I think)

Last edited:

givmedew

Reaction score
I PMed you the link please nobody else ask I can't share it if he feels nice enough he will upload it to megar for some reason that website is not working for me

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you! Was it named nfs shift in the data/app folder or did you rename it before sending it to me?