Two Questions/Issues

catfisher

Reaction score
Issue

Flashed last night...it didn't take. Kept getting errors and it wouldn't let me install...bad download?

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Bad d/l is only 1 of many possible errors. Tell us how exactly you installed it? Is this your 1st time flashing roms? Worth d/l it again.

OP
catfisher

catfisher

Reaction score
No, not my first flash.

1 - Downloaded from OP
2 - Wipe Data/Factory Reset via CWM
3 - Format /system
4 - Install
5 - Receive error

Th3ory ROM took first try, so I am not sure why Revolution would give me any issues. Being as I installed correctly (to my knowledge), I can only count it as a bad D/L on my end.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Yeah, I would have to think it s a bad download. Did you use his superwipe tool?

OP
catfisher

catfisher

Reaction score
Did not use SuperWipe...all wiping and flashing was done via CWM as I have always used. Maybe I will try this again tomorrow after work.

skostos

Reaction score
With this rom it seems that you really have to follow the instructions. It works great when you do. That being said I mean you have to use the superwipe if coming from another rom. Also you have to do everything manually via recovery menu not Rom Manager(not saying this is what you are doing.) After you run superwipe you should have no trouble at all. Did you try following the tutorial written with the rom download? I doubt you have a bad download unless you downloaded it on your phone and it got cut off in the middle and registered as completely downloaded.

OP
catfisher

catfisher

Reaction score
Well since I'm a moron...I did use my phone...whoops. I didn't use SuperWipe because I have always used CWM and never had any problems. I guess in thinking that I knew something I got punked by the ROM... :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

skostos

Reaction score
well its not a problem to use your phone.. first you will want to go into your virt. sd card and delete any remnants of the first time you tried downloading.. if you dont do this the download will just continue to be bad.. then download both the rom and the superwipe together.. boot into recovery first flash superwipe then the rom.. then if you wana be super clean do a factory data reset.. this deletes twitter and a few other apps the dev through on there.. either way though if you follow these directions or the ones on the download page you should be in great shape.

OP
catfisher

catfisher

Reaction score
Awesome thanks dude!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums