Two questions for previous DX owners...

GeneralZod

Reaction score
Is the Bionic camera better, worse, the same?

Is the Bionic screen better, worse, the same?

Thanks.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't noticed a difference

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just took a few pics w both.... very close

At first I wad wondering why the dx was so much brighter its because I had the dx screen brightness way up and the bionic way down lol.... after I put them both up the pics were nearly identical

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Batman8

Reaction score
As a current owner of both devices I feel that the Bionic's pictures and screen are better than on the DX because the resolution is higher. The DX has a 480 x 854 resolution compared to the Bionic's 540 x 960 so to me it looks much sharper. That's my opinion.

Tower101

Reaction score
Screen is the same or maybe a little better. Camera takes nice photos but is a pita to use, it is very very slow and I miss the shutter button. I had stopped carrying my point and shoot but a am back to using it.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
As a current owner of both devices I feel that the Bionic's pictures and screen are better than on the DX because the resolution is higher. The DX has a 480 x 854 resolution compared to the Bionic's 540 x 960 so to me it looks much sharper. That's my opinion.

+1 here. The camera is a bit slower to work with but I'm getting better at it after playing around with it more. Everything else is better and feels much newer.

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
FWIW - I liked the overall feel of my X better, but the DB isn't bad, I think it was just all the time I had with it to get accustomed to it. I miss the power button being in the middle. Putting it that close to the edge really bites when it's docked. The camera takes the same, maybe a touch better pictures in the dark, but the lack of a hardware button takes some getting used to. The focus is deffinately slower on the DB, I've found holding the shutter button until it focuses releases the shutter right away so at least I'm not missing as many pictures as I was! lol

As for the screen, resolution or not, I still like my X screen better. I never noticed the pentile hatching on that, on the DB, I notice it all the time. It's not a deal breaker because of the battery savings, but it is noticible to me!