Two Problems With Droid2

BlkHiHeels4Me

Reaction score
First problem is the camera. Whenever I take a pic the pic does not save. It shows up as some generic landscape looking pic. There is nothing there.

Second problem is playing back music. When I go into the Music Box file and try to play a song it says that the player does not support this type of file. Same thing happens if I try to play a V Cast video.

If anyone has any ideas on either of these issues please help.

Also realize I am not the most tech savvy person so detailed instructions would help.

Thanks a bunch.

Angie

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pull the battery and the sd card and leave them out for thirty seconds then replace both. That should work. How often do you reboot?

tappin and a talkin

OP
B

BlkHiHeels4Me

Reaction score
Pull the battery and the sd card and leave them out for thirty seconds then replace both. That should work. How often do you reboot?

tappin and a talkin

It worked. I think I've only rebooted it twice since before Christmas. I had the camera problem before but it seemed to work itself out. Maybe that was one of the few times I rebooted it.

If no one has told you today....you rock.

Thanks so much!!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anytime, glad I could help. Try rebooting your phone at least twice a week. It will prevent some known issues and generally improve performance.

tappin and a talkin

liquidchrome

Reaction score
same issue.

I have this same problem.
Mp3 will play fine... and then a little while after (i'll play some games, or use the browser or whatnot) i try playing music again and it gives me Sorry, music player does not support this file type.

Reboot the phone and it works again. But after using the phone again for a bit, it does the same thing.

I think this is a deeper issue either with the music player app, Android itself, or memory card issue. But i doubt it's my memory card. I bought a kingston 16gb class 6 so it shouldn't have any problems.

Any more solutions on this would be helpful. I don't want to reboot my phone every time i want to listen to music.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is an issue that has persisted with the Droid 2 and x since their respective releases and I think the only real answer anyone has come up is to reboot. I'm fairly certain its a software issue on motorolas part seeing as I haven't had it once since flashing custom roms. Anyway hopefully they fix it in future updates.

tappin and a talkin