Two New LTE Device In Verizon Detabase (HTC & Samsung)

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
lte.jpg

The new HTC LTE device and an unnamed Samsung LTE device are two eagerly awaited devices that just made it into Verizon’s systems. The picture above was leaked by Androidcentral showing the two new Android LTE phones called the HTC Thunderbolt, ADR6400, and the Samsung SCH-i520 are finally in the systems, which means they are coming soon.
Now we all know what the HTC device is and what it looks like, but the Samsung device is a little harder. From the previously leaked pictures, this device resembles the Nexus S that’s currently running on T-mobile's 3G. If true, this means we finally have a device that’ll get first shots at all new Android software and ships with Gingerbread.

Anyone excited with this leak? Which device would you like more? The Nexus S (if we are correct), or the Thunderbolt? Let us know.

Source (HTC Thunderbolt, Samsung SCH-i520 LTE phone show up in Verizon's system | Android Central)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Between these 2 I might lean more toward the Samsung. I dont really want either, its a hard choice...lol

bigkoch125

Reaction score
I would only get the samsung if updates came directly from google even then i would still prob get the HTC that phone just looks amazing

cjreyes666

Reaction score
Moto if not locked but the Thunderbolt looks tempting but if the Samsung comes out clean like the OG Droid and its Droid branded that would be a winner.

Jmart922

Reaction score
^^^ I agree, however I don't think Motorola will produce another vanilla android phone like the OG Droid. But if Samsung can deliver a nexus s with a micro SD slot with the added gingerbread os without touchwiz then I would seriously consider buying that over the thunderbolt, if and only if.

busab

Reaction score
Id get the Nexus S but only if they updated it with a dual core processor. Other wise id get the Thunderbolt.

corman324

Reaction score
this just just my personal opinion, but i dont think its the Nexus S at all. look up a picture for the SCH-i520 then look up a picture of the Nexus S. compare the earpiece, and the placement of the front facing camera on both....they're extremely different.

kind of excited to see what comes out of this CES this coming week.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
^^^ I agree, however I don't think Motorola will produce another vanilla android phone like the OG Droid. But if Samsung can deliver a nexus s with a micro SD slot with the added gingerbread os without touchwiz then I would seriously consider buying that over the thunderbolt, if and only if.

I have a Nexus S for testing here and it's good. Personally the HTC is going to be a better device :)

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
this just just my personal opinion, but i dont think its the Nexus S at all. look up a picture for the SCH-i520 then look up a picture of the Nexus S. compare the earpiece, and the placement of the front facing camera on both....they're extremely different.

kind of excited to see what comes out of this CES this coming week.

CES is going to be fun for a lot of people.