Two issues with my Droid Razr Maxx

Linas

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got a Razr Maxx a few weeks ago. I've already had to get a replacement once because the first one I got had issues with the SIM Card holder. Anyway, on to my questions. First, I am randomly losing connection to both 3G and 4G. The only way to regain the connection is to restart my phone. Why is this happening? I've tried turning off the data connection and turning it on again, but nothing works except a phone restart.

My second question, when I turn my phone off or put it in sleep mode and then turn it on later (Or the next morning), text messages don't come in. With my old Droid X I was able to turn off my phone and turn it on the next morning and all my text messages would come in. Why isn't this happening with the Razr Maxx?

Caesars

Reaction score
Is that what your first phone was doing also?

OP
L

Linas

Reaction score
Is that what your first phone was doing also?

I didn't have it long enough to notice. I accidentally popped out the SIM card and it the catch in the SIM card holder wouldn't take the SIM card again. That's why I had to get a replacement. These issues are now plaguing my new phone. It is really irritating and I'm curious as to whether or not I should take it in to Verizon?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
When you got the new phone did you also get a new sim card or did they reuse your old one? My Razr sends me missed text message, voicemail, emails, as soon as I turn it on in the morning and get a data connection.

If they reused your old one, I would go in and have them give you a new one. There is an APP in the market from Verizon to restore data connections when they drop if you want to search for that it might help with connection issues.