1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Two important Bluetooth issues with BBv0.1

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by AzJazz, Jun 13, 2010.

1. AzJazz

AzJazz New Member

I have seen the following problems repeatedly with BBv0.1, (and with p3droid's MDW ROM, I believe ... but I'm not sure):

(1) It is much more difficult to pair the Droid with a Bluetooth device. Although it takes multiple attempts now, I seem to get the best results when both devices (Droid and the other device) are set to "Discoverable" at the same time, and if the pairing is started first from the other device (and then sometimes finished by starting another pairing attempt from the Droid).

I've paired many phones (including my Droid) over a hundred time now, and it is definitely more difficult now, for some reason.

That said, I have always succeeded to pair devices to the Droid, so far. But others may not have been so lucky.

(2) There are many times where Bluetooth is disabled after a power-up sequence. Trying to re-enable Bluetooth via "Wireless & networks" has no effect: The Droid will attempt to start the Bluetooth ... but then it gets grayed-out, and nothing I have tried will re-enable Bluetooth until I reset the Droid (possibly, multiple times).

I have not seen either of these issues with Eclair, so I'm sure this is a Froyo thing.

Addendum: I also am running C_01.43.01P Baseband, which may be affecting this.

Anybody else?

AzJazz
  2. Redflea

Redflea New Member

Hmmm...this may be an intermittent/depends on your phone/install issue. i've not seen either of these problems...my BT remains on through reboots, and I paired quickly and easily with my headset - I didn't notice any significant difference between 2.2 and 2.1.
  3. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel New Member

I haven't had these problems either and I use Bluetooth all the time.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. blazen_m

blazen_m New Member

Bluetooth

I thought my 4 year old headset was going bad and purchased a new Jawbone device last night. I was able to get the headset to pair up at first, but once I shut it off for the night I wasn't able to get it to pair this morning. The bluetooth menu has the device labeled, but doesn't pair. Maybe it's the phone?
Search tags for this page
droid x2 bbluetooth reset
how to reset bluetooth of x2 phone

htc inspire bluetooth greyed out