two droids same rom

kamisan

Reaction score
i have two droid 1's mine i overclocked with slayers 1.1 kernel all is good, my wifes, i left stock, during phone calls hers goes silent, the person on the other end cannot hear anything. just updating with the .1 fix for fc (grasping at a straw that it will fix it) otherwise this is the first rom my wife liked.

no FC issues, no random reboots but the silence of the calls is weird- and mine does not do this, her did not prior to this rom.

any ideas??

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to clarify -- your wife's Droid has MIUI but you did not add a kernel. Is that correct? If so, what version of MIUI do you have installed?

Reaction score
I think I know what the problem is: For some reason I am constantly hitting the on screen mute button during calls. Tell her next time that happens, check her screen and I bet her mute button is lit.

I never had that problem worth prior ROMS which leads me to believe the mute burton is set up differently in MIUI. It's been so long since I used any other ROM that I can't remember what the stock in call screen looks like. Wish I could completely disable the mute button.

I would say the reason it doesn't happen to you is probably because you hold your phone differently than her. It only happens to me when I switch cheeks. I think as I switch the screen activates, but I put it up to my face again before the proximity sensor can deactivate the screen a again.

i have two droid 1's mine i overclocked with slayers 1.1 kernel all is good, my wifes, i left stock, during phone calls hers goes silent, the person on the other end cannot hear anything. just updating with the .1 fix for fc (grasping at a straw that it will fix it) otherwise this is the first rom my wife liked.

no FC issues, no random reboots but the silence of the calls is weird- and mine does not do this, her did not prior to this rom.

any ideas??

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
kamisan

kamisan

Reaction score
I want to clarify -- your wife's Droid has MIUI but you did not add a kernel. Is that correct? If so, what version of MIUI do you have installed?

12.24.0. On both stock kernel on hers slayer on mine.. I'm wondering I'd the mute can be removed.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

12.24.0. On both stock kernel on hers slayer on mine.. I'm wondering I'd the mute can be removed.

Thanks for the clarification. Did you intall the latest fix for 12.24?

See box 1 http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-d1-miui/109387-new-d1-miui-0-12-24-0-a.html

bL33d

Reaction score
Make a Nandroid backup on the good one and flash it on the other one.

Reaction score
I think I know what the problem is: For some reason I am constantly hitting the on screen mute button during calls. Tell her next time that happens, check her screen and I bet her mute button is lit.

I never had that problem worth prior ROMS which leads me to believe the mute burton is set up differently in MIUI. It's been so long since I used any other ROM that I can't remember what the stock in call screen looks like. Wish I could completely disable the mute button.

I would say the reason it doesn't happen to you is probably because you hold your phone differently than her. It only happens to me when I switch cheeks. I think as I switch the screen activates, but I put it up to my face again before the proximity sensor can deactivate the screen a again.

any ideas??

I do the same thing all the time. I think it has to do with the placement of mute button. Its in a perfect spot to get hit by your cheek.

OP
kamisan

kamisan

Reaction score
did update, will know by end of day if it works.

See box 1 http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-d1-miui/109387-new-d1-miui-0-12-24-0-a.html

Installed latest fix on both last night, today will tell if it makes a difference.
P.S- mwhartman love your signature quote-

OP
kamisan

kamisan

Reaction score

Installed latest fix on both last night, today will tell if it makes a difference.
P.S- mwhartman love your signature quote-
Wifes is still doing it. Had her open the numeric pad on the last call, (which moves the mute to the lower left) then it didnt do it.
Should I tell her to gain some weight in her face?? ;-)
really disabling the mute would do it, if I knew how to do it.

OP
kamisan

kamisan

Reaction score
Make a Nandroid backup on the good one and flash it on the other one.
Ill have my wife use mine, fast and easier then nandroiding.. Im pretty sure its her cheek , my 10yr old has the same issue on her phone,, and neither use mine (dads is off limits)

OP
kamisan

kamisan

Reaction score
some resolution- made my wife hold it different,,,, both still running 12.24.1 mine with slayer kernel, hers as it came no addons- I did do the compache fix on both- might be placebo effect but it seems faster-