Two Californians Sue Google Inc. Over 15 Minute Return Policy

Discussion in 'Android News' started by cereal killer, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Icculus760

Icculus760 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Exactly!!!!!

what this guy said!! some games, after d/ling from the market, require you to d/l that extra crap. even on strong wifi, it pushes the 15min window VERY close sometimes. 60 min seems much more reasonable

2. JonDroidX

JonDroidX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [QUOTE ]It's good to see devs giving refunds outside of the google store, but does google still get to keep their 30% cut? That could be an interesting answer.[/QUOTE]

No.

The problem with a 24h window is that a lot of geeks would buy and finish a game in that time period, then get a refund.

Sent from my DROIDX

3. riko540

riko540 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I don't think they are suing because of the $5. Its more or less because of the allotted return time. I personally think it should be increased at least to 30 minutes and while it may be true that rooted users can get around having to buy an app by backing it up before returning it I don't think the average user would know that.

4. geoff5093

geoff5093 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I see both sides, but generally 15 minutes is short enough to wear it's enough to load the app to make sure it launches, but not long enough so someone can use it for a one time and then return it.

5. RockmanSolo

RockmanSolo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    15 minutes from purchase isn't fair, like others have mentioned some download times can exceed that. Now maybe 15 minutes after installation (if they could find a way to make it work) to me sounds a lot more reasonable. J think 15 minutes to try an app is plenty. If you don't have time to test it then just buy it later.

6. mikespe

mikespe Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Good luck! Apple doesn't allow refunds AT ALL! You can try to email support and if you have a good case they will refund you ONE TIME! Plus many of the iPad's apps are MUCH more expensive than on Android

7. Big Ry

Big Ry Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I wonder if these guys even tried contacting google CS. I bought an album for $2 on black Friday but didn't realize it was edited. I purchased the unedited one later on sale for $3 and figured I'd just cut my loses. Something didn't go right with the DL, because the new album was edited too. I contacted Google and explained that I originally intended to buy the unedited version in the first place, and they fixed the DL and refunded my money for the edited album months after I purchased it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

8. swc2001

swc2001 Active Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Ok this may or may not sound skeezy to some of yall. Heres what I do. I buy an app, I imediately Titanium Backup the App. Return it, try it out for an hour. If I like it, I go buy it again. If I dont I uninstall it then delete the Titanium Backup of it. Some apps this is not practical with.
    Such as Modern Combat 3, because of the big download you have to do for it. Also some other apps that constantly check to see if you own rights to it. (although you can stick it in airplane mode and they work) So for me I use it as a try before you buy. However if you were dishonest you could be a jerk and not pay for the majority of apps.

One thing to think about if your a theif and are going to try this.... you can never get updates for the app!!
    So be honest ppl

9. geoff5093

geoff5093 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +29
    That doesn't sound like a good idea, I know of people who do that but if you purchase several apps it's quite the process. I can maybe see if you download it and for some reason you find out you can't test it out right away to do what you did, but for every app?

10. ballzdeap

ballzdeap New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I'm guessing at this point it's more about the settlement they're hoping to get and less about the refund period...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

11. Fonzz

Fonzz Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Ever heard of a contigent fee?
    [h=1][/h]

12. trestevenson

trestevenson Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Current Phone Model:
    Huawei Nexus 6P
    As of March 5th, the return window doesn't begin until the added content has finished downloading (Source, second full paragraph). I still think 15 minutes is inadequate, whereas 30 minutes should be enough.

Search tags for this page
google play refund backup
google play refund titanium backup
how to buy app play store backup titanium refund
remove credit card from google play

titanium backup refund