Twitter War Between HTC and Samsung Gets Stopped Short

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-four-is-always-better-than-one-tweet.jpg

For the past week since the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S4, there has been a small Twitter war brewing between the two companies. It started with HTC when they Tweeted, "So...how off-Broadway is this production? #theNextBigFlop #HTCOne" on the day of the SGS4 launch event. Not long after that, Samsung responded back playfully with, “four is always better than one.”

htc-plastic-is-not-fantastic-friend-tweet.jpg

Of course, HTC couldn't leave that one alone, so they retorted with, “plastic is not fantastic, my friend!” and included the #HTCOne hashtag. Surprisingly, it looks like someone in upper management must have gotten worried that this Twitter-sphere tirade could get out of hand, so they put the breaks on the whole thing by deleting all the tweets on both sides.

What do you guys think? Grown-ups acting like children or just a little harmless fun? Either way, it's decent entertainment for us.

Source: GSMArena

bluefire7002

Reaction score
Don't mind this at all. If anything they will push each other to make better phones to best each other in the future.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
HTC needs to shut up. Especially when they got embarrassed by one of their suppliers who no longer considers them a "tier 1" manufacturer.

HTC needs to bring it, not sing it.

Kboss375

Reaction score
as long as its about the products who cares, why not let sammy and HTC duke it out via twitter saying why there product is better.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i don't really care about their smack talk, but i'd prefer if they would promote features that they have that other manufacturers don't have instead. that way consumers can differentiate and choose based on features and not on this trash talking. immature in my opinion, and guess the higher ups agree with this.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
HTC needs to shut up. Especially when they got embarrassed by one of their suppliers who no longer considers them a "tier 1" manufacturer.

HTC needs to bring it, not sing it.

^This, I think the fact Samsung is one of (if not the top) by nearly any measure (sales, market saturation, developer support etc) speaks for itself... HTC needs to stop trying to smack talk and figure out why they are getting their arses kicked... I'll admit I used to prefer HTC because of their build quality but if I have to choose between 'metal' over plastic at the cost expandable storage or removable batteries I'll happily rock plastic for a while

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
^This, I think the fact Samsung is one of (if not the top) by nearly any measure (sales, market saturation, developer support etc) speaks for itself... HTC needs to stop trying to smack talk and figure out why they are getting their arses kicked... I'll admit I used to prefer HTC because of their build quality but if I have to choose between 'metal' over plastic at the cost expandable storage or removable batteries I'll happily rock plastic for a while

I know people complain about the plastic but the phone feels solid to me (note 2). I keep a case on it but I did the same with my droid. If it was cheap plastic like the kyocera rise then I would understand the complaints. Plastics have come a long way and as long as it is solid ill buy a plastic phone if it comes with features, storage, memory, and battery life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone remember New Coke? Accidental or intentional marketing genius?
I've a feeling that was the intention to start with in the Twitter feeds here as well. Marketing.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
As long as it doesn't turn to mudslinging I think it's harmless fun that keeps the energy up and promotes a little free advertising. No harm in stirring the pot.. it's when you spit in the pot that you cross the line. I do agree with HTC on that one point about the plastic; that's one of the reasons I never wanted a galaxy series device. If the HTC One is as successful as HTC expects it to be then more power to them, otherwise this may come off as HTC being a sore-loser.

At any rate my Droid 4 has Jelly Bean now and is almost like a whole new device so I plan to stick with it a good while longer.

skennelly

Reaction score
This is the first Android phone made from metal for crying out loud. HTC acts like they have been making metal phones for decades. Not to mention the fact that no one knows whether or not the metal will affect the radios.

hunter9604

Reaction score
Actually, the OG DROID was metal. Sometimes I wish this was a standard for all android phones, for the durability, however, I like the lightness of my Note II. Imagine this phone in metal.... It'd rip my pants off!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I think it's fun.
But all Sammy needed to say: "At least we update our phones".