Twitter name in sms thread?

radiofootage

Reaction score
so im texting one of my buddies and i noticed that instead of his contact name, it displayed his twitter name; it did that when he called as well and i dont think i like it! HELP!

BlooS

Reaction score
Do you have twitter syncing with your contacts? Go to Twitter settings and at the bottom and change it so it doesn't sync.

lzacker

Reaction score
I am having the same problem! When I unlink Twitter from my name in contacts, it reverts to my name, but when i link Twitter to my name in contacts, itchanges to my twitter name. I cannot figure out how to have my name in the contacts (not my Twitter name) and still be linked to Twitter in my contacts. Help!

DoctorFu

Reaction score
I'm having the same exact issue. I found my contacts are still flooded with Twitter contact names even though I already removed Twitter from the accounts section in my Droid X. I noticed when I pull up the contacts from my phone with a Twitter account linked it shows as "null: " and then their Twitter account name. This is extremely.frustrating to say the very least. Can anyone suggest how to make this stop?

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Thanks cakes. Just curious why it happens. Doesn't synching twitter or fb recognize it already exists? Seems to ignore what's already there.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Back in November when I first joined this forum, I read a few horror stories about syncing fb. I learned from their mistakes and never used those syncs so I really don't know how to help. Hopefully someone will come along soon that can. Good luck!