Twitter Help needed

Greg

Reaction score
Hi,

Am just becoming familiar with Twitter. I try using the stock app but it won't update or refresh. Just seems to be stuck.

I've tried using another twitter app, but I get annoyed when my phone buzzes every time there is a new message (about every 3 mins).

Can someone help me?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
In the twitter app do you have location enabled. I did and could almost never get twets to send. As soon as I turned it off it worked again.

tappin and a talkin

OP
Greg

Greg

Reaction score
In the twitter app do you have location enabled. I did and could almost never get twets to send. As soon as I turned it off it worked again.

tappin and a talkin

I've tried both off and on and it seems to make no difference what so ever.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
On the stock app you have to scroll down and the very top will say "refreshing" and then "Loading...". That will give you the newest tweets.

BigDaddyNYY

Reaction score
Also, did you go into the settings for the app and set a sync refresh interval for automatic updates. The method listed above is for manual refreshes, but you can set your refresh interval from 5 minutes to 4 hours in the settings, and have to make sure that Sync Twitter Data is selected (at least that is an option for the Droid X Stock Twitter app), you can also select what notifications you want. Hope this all applies as I just realized you are referring to the Original Droid, but thinking the stock twitter apps may be the same.

OP
Greg

Greg

Reaction score
Also, did you go into the settings for the app and set a sync refresh interval for automatic updates. The method listed above is for manual refreshes, but you can set your refresh interval from 5 minutes to 4 hours in the settings, and have to make sure that Sync Twitter Data is selected (at least that is an option for the Droid X Stock Twitter app), you can also select what notifications you want. Hope this all applies as I just realized you are referring to the Original Droid, but thinking the stock twitter apps may be the same.

Yes, I got it set to refresh every 15 mins, but it doesn't seem to do anything. If I scroll up and down it seems to force it to refresh. I guess that'll do.

Thanks for your help!