Twitter app refusing to install

noxowl

Reaction score
I have an HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE. (Just bought it today! My first smartphone ever.) It has preinstalled widgets that are things like clocks, weather, and a few popular website widgets, like facebook, youtube, and in this case, twitter. When I drag it from the options onto the screen I want, it seems to go on, and then a window pops up (this happens whenever a widget needs more information before using it, eg. putting in your location for a weather app) telling me about what twitter can and can't access and asks for my username and password. I put all that in, click the submit button, and it brings me to a screen that says, "Redirecting you back to the application. This may take a few moments." I give it a minute, and then press the "if your browser doesn't redirect please click here to continue", which will click like it's working, but no loading bar comes up at the top and nothing happens. It's just frozen on this page until I finally press 'home' and of course the widget is nowhere to be seen.

Is there a solution to this? I'm thinking maybe you have to go install the twitter app first (which I'm absolutely not doing, since they require all these ridiculously invasive permissions to install it). Any help?