Twitter and Motorola's Stance

Strikeir13

Reaction score
FWIW I asked p3 about moto's response to a legit petition awhile ago and he thinks they would not care regardless. Unfortunate but probably not surprising...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
andylulzyou

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I'm sure they'd start caring if we were able to get a few thousand people to say that their next phone is going to be a HTC.

luigi90210

Reaction score
It'd take something like this, but even then Motorola can say most of them aren't using Motorola hardware and most likely won't.

That may be true, but then again how many of us thought that the Xoom would be shipping with an unlocked bootloader?

We shouldn't just completely rule out a possible avenue just because we believe the chances are slim. People said the same thing about Alias's attempts and look how much progress has been made on that front.

If we get a lonely, stubborn 17 year old hacker we might be able to make progress on that front too. I'm just really hoping for an eol unlock for us. I really doubt that will happen though. Just because the Xoom is unlocked doesn't mean a damn thing for us. Think moto Droid.
please define stubborn 17 year old hacker and which front this 17 year old hacker will be taking on

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
That may be true, but then again how many of us thought that the Xoom would be shipping with an unlocked bootloader?

We shouldn't just completely rule out a possible avenue just because we believe the chances are slim. People said the same thing about Alias's attempts and look how much progress has been made on that front.

If we get a lonely, stubborn 17 year old hacker we might be able to make progress on that front too. I'm just really hoping for an eol unlock for us. I really doubt that will happen though. Just because the Xoom is unlocked doesn't mean a damn thing for us. Think moto Droid.
please define stubborn 17 year old hacker and which front this 17 year old hacker will be taking on

17 year old hacker = me, unless someone else wants to pick the part
front = no clue as of yet

OP
andylulzyou

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Crazy how I was just talking about this.. [video=youtube;QqxUUqrNy4k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqxUUqrNy4k[/video]

Ships with
-Clockwork
-Rom Manager
-One Click Cyanogen installation button

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Can you get a CDMA one that handles Verizon's frequencies?