Twidroid Pro - Worth the price?

zegolf

Reaction score
I have Twidroid Free right now, but was thinking about upgrading to the Pro version. Is it really worth nearly $5?

What benefits does it give users over the free version?

Guerrilla

Reaction score
In the latest version PRO users get color schemes. Beyond that you get access to lists and maybe another feature or two, but nothing I personally care about as a light Twitter user.

If Seesmic would update their app to load the feed more quickly I'd use that instead, but now I'll also look into Twigee.

Mojo

Reaction score
I love twidroid pro... I was using the free edition until it was updated to included skins. Now twidroid matches the rest of my theme! If you love twitter and want a good twitter app then I recommend it fo sho!

OP
zegolf

zegolf

Reaction score
Are there any that have a "Reply to All" feature? Android Twitter apps are severely lacking in that department.

OP
zegolf

zegolf

Reaction score
Seesmic doesn't have the auto-complete for @ replies. That was the one thing that really broke it for me. I like being able to type @ and then it pop my list of followers as I type each letter.

Stigy

Reaction score
Reply to all feature?

You mean like reply to everyone that is mentioned in a certain tweet?

I have never seen ANY application do that. I just hit the RT button and edit the Tweet from there.

OP
zegolf

zegolf

Reaction score
Reply to all feature?

I have never seen ANY application do that. I just hit the RT button and edit the Tweet from there.

It pains me to say this, but that's the one thing I miss about my BBStorm. Ubertwiter had this functionality built into it. I really like your idea though, and it makes a ton of sense. Thanks!

moosc

Reaction score
Reply to all feature?

seesmic has this feature if u hit replay to a thread and there's @u aellect all or invididuals un your reply.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used twidroid free for like 2 weeks. but it has as the same problems as any other clients for twitter. Now i use Twigee wich works like a widget and twitter app. I LOVE IT!!!

WHat do you mean it works like a widget. I'm trying it right now and have to say it looks really promising. Now I'm even more conflicted, I like twidroid, seesmic, and twigee. I'm surprised I've never heard of twigee until now. It's a really nice client.

KevinJ

Reaction score
This might be a silly question, buy here goes.

Why use an app for Twitter, when you can access Twitter from the browser?

I am just undecided on which app to use, and wondering why I just don't use twitter.com from the browser.

Please enlighten me. :)