TV.com Small Screen Size?

recDNA

Reaction score
When I watch tv.com the commercials fill more of the screen than the videos or tv shows. It doesn't matter if I use WiFi or 3G. Is there a way to get the tv shows to be full screen? Are there any shows available in HD? A Verzion wireless rep told me there are shows in HD but I don't know if he was just blowing wind.

amajamar

Reaction score
How do you use Tv.com anyway? When I try to view a video it says I need Flash?

OP
R

recDNA

Reaction score
TV.com free app. Works fine but videos only use 2/3 of screen. Ads use 3/4 of screen and are higher Res.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
TV.com free app. Works fine but videos only use 2/3 of screen. Ads use 3/4 of screen and are higher Res.

If I was paying for an Ad, I would want it Larger.....Just something to think about when using free apps....

OP
R

recDNA

Reaction score
i wouldn't want to aggravate potential customers. i would want the best pic possible for both show and ad. instead of watching i'm looking for a better app

bluedust

Reaction score
i wouldn't want to aggravate potential customers. i would want the best pic possible for both show and ad. instead of watching i'm looking for a better app

But it's free. o_O

Jetflicks is nice, but they don't have a tremendous selection, plus it's 9 bucks, but you get what you pay for.

OP
R

recDNA

Reaction score
Do shows on Jetflicks fill the entire screen? I'd happily pay for tv.com if it did. Well...maybe not happily but I'd buy it. tv.com has the shows I like. If Jetflicks is only movies I wouldn't be interested. I never "watch' the phone for more than 30 min at a time so I'd never get through a movie.

bluedust

Reaction score
Do shows on Jetflicks fill the entire screen? I'd happily pay for tv.com if it did. Well...maybe not happily but I'd buy it. tv.com has the shows I like. If Jetflicks is only movies I wouldn't be interested. I never "watch' the phone for more than 30 min at a time so I'd never get through a movie.

Full screen, yes, I was actually surprised by the quality.

You have 24 hours to uninstall and get a refund so no reason not to try it at least.

Edit: And Jetflicks is tv shows, not movies, or at least I haven't seen any movies.

OP
R

recDNA

Reaction score
Jetflicks will be a monthly subscription starting in January '10.

Well that talks me out of it entirely. It's one thing to pay for an app. A monthly fee is something else entirely.

It's odd. This app proves full screen POSSIBLE. Why would tv.com opt for partial screen?

OP
R

recDNA

Reaction score
Full Screen TV & Movies

Jetflicks will be a monthly subscription starting in January '10.

Well that talks me out of it entirely. It's one thing to pay for an app. A monthly fee is something else entirely.

It's odd. This app proves full screen POSSIBLE. Why would tv.com opt for partial screen?

I have no use for YouTube. I like TV shows and movies. Is there any way to watch TV or movies in FULL SCREEN?

TV.com allows watching rebroadcast of shows from CBS but only uses about 2/3 of the screen.

jgumphress

Reaction score
That's a thorn in my side too. A device as far as advanced as the Droid and they don't fill that beautiful display screen. I also have an iPod Touch and everything I view, whether on-line or downloaded video, shows up filling the entire screen. I did notice that when viewing some You Tube videos on the Droid that there is an option for HD. When I select HD I get full screen. Droid should be able to stretch-to-fill. Heck, even my old Palm TX will stretch and fill the screen on videos.