1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Tutorial Request*

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by arm121, Sep 28, 2010.

1. arm121

arm121 New Member

well, as i stated when i joined im looking into android development.. particularly the UI which would be themes for various applications. i've already skinned beautiful widgets, and i want to make an adw theme to match it for the final package, problem is after hours of searching the forum and google, i can not find a tutorial that is easy for a noob like me to follow on skinning adw. all the ones that i have found are very short and assume the reader has experience in this field.

so the question is this: does anyone know of a good noob tutorial on skinning, or could one of you great themers create a nice tutorial not only for me, but anyone else that is new to android.
  2. nmiltner

nmiltner Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Here is a good tutorial or as some call it "the theming bible". It has all the info for general theming.

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AcdxIJRSH9ypZGZzc2pxNDlfMjdnazk4OHNxZA&hl=en

For ADW you need to dl the adw theme template and compile it in eclipse. Imm still trying to figure all of that out. Go to jbthemes.com/anderweb and look around there. You'll find the theme template there.

If anyone has additional info on how to finish up the adwtheme in eclipse that would be a great help.
  3. arm121

arm121 New Member

yeah, i have the adw theme template, and i've opened it in eclipse like it says but after that it gets a little confusing for a newbie.. and thank you for the theming page, its very helpful.