Tutorial Request*

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by arm121, Sep 28, 2010.

1. arm121

arm121 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well, as i stated when i joined im looking into android development.. particularly the UI which would be themes for various applications. i've already skinned beautiful widgets, and i want to make an adw theme to match it for the final package, problem is after hours of searching the forum and google, i can not find a tutorial that is easy for a noob like me to follow on skinning adw. all the ones that i have found are very short and assume the reader has experience in this field.

so the question is this: does anyone know of a good noob tutorial on skinning, or could one of you great themers create a nice tutorial not only for me, but anyone else that is new to android.

2. nmiltner

nmiltner Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Here is a good tutorial or as some call it "the theming bible". It has all the info for general theming.

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AcdxIJRSH9ypZGZzc2pxNDlfMjdnazk4OHNxZA&hl=en

For ADW you need to dl the adw theme template and compile it in eclipse. Imm still trying to figure all of that out. Go to jbthemes.com/anderweb and look around there. You'll find the theme template there.

If anyone has additional info on how to finish up the adwtheme in eclipse that would be a great help.

3. arm121

arm121 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, i have the adw theme template, and i've opened it in eclipse like it says but after that it gets a little confusing for a newbie.. and thank you for the theming page, its very helpful.