Turning to the Dark Side...aka Throwing out my Iphone

Dizzle51

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a Iphone Refugee. I have no idea what the best droid phons are available though. I would like a keyboard. What's my best options?

Thanks!

brando56894

Reaction score
Welcome, over to the dark side! if you want a slider, I would say your best best is the Droid 2 Global.

OP
D

Dizzle51

Reaction score
Is there a difference between the Droid 2 and the Droid 2 Global?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome to the forums Dizzle!!! Great to have you on board.

You asked for your BEST options. Your best options would be to wait for CES on January 5th when they will be unveiling some pretty awesome Android devices. You will have your pick of some pretty incredible Android devices then.

If you cannot wait and want to jump in right away I wold recommend the Droid 2. It sports a great keyboard and is one heck of a device.

Your best option is to wait though : )

OP
D

Dizzle51

Reaction score
Thanks guys! January 6 eh? Are the phones going to be that much better?

brando56894

Reaction score
From what we heard some of the phones will have dual-core 1GHz Nvidia Tegra 2 processors and most will probably have support for 4G once its widespread. The difference between the droid 2 and the droid 2 global is that the factory speed of the D2G is 200MHz higher than the D2, also that its a "global" phone which means it can be used in over 200 countries. Other than that theyre essentially the same device.

@CK
I didnt think of that lol