1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Turning the Droid into a 'boombox'...

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by MRex21, Jun 6, 2010.

1. MRex21

MRex21 New Member

I was over at my nephew's graduation party yesterday and he had his IPod Nano crammed into a 'dock' of sorts that effectively turned the MP3 player portion of the IPod into a boombox. It had great speakers and everything. I've seen lots of these types of docks for the IPod. The only dock I've seen for the Droid is the one that essentially makes it into an alarm clock.

Uninspiring.

Do any of you know of any manufacturers who make what I'm describing for the Moto Droid?
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

I'm sure Bose will when the demand is there....
  3. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt New Member

Im not sure, with the new Motorola phones hitting the market it will be too much of a pain for Bose to keep up. They make one for the iPhone because all of apples media devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPod classic) have the same port in the same place (the bottom). The Droid and the other Motorola devices will have the charger port in different areas which will make it hard for Bose to come up with one product to be compatible with all Motorola smartphones.
  4. StephenWVU

StephenWVU New Member

Many speakers these days have Aux input port or you could go for something with bluetooth. I wouldn't try to get anything custom for your phone because it will become outdated and you will need to buy new speakers eventually. I would also hesitate about using bluetooth speakers because they will be pricy and possibly not sound as good. I do not know how much you are wanting to spend but I was looking at this (iPod Tower Stereo System | EL 100845 | Sharper Image Online). Opinions anyone?

Also looking at this bluetooth adapter but I am not sure it will work with the Motorola Droid or sound good and would also like opinions on the anycom bluetooth adapter for ipod speakers because this would be the easiest solution if it works well. http://www.1800mobiles.com/anycom-fipo-ipod-adapter.html
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  5. dhinged

dhinged New Member

6. takeshi

takeshi New Member

You're not going to get audio via microUSB anyway...
  7. zcat

zcat New Member

mee too

New droid user (5 days) and new to this forum. Howdy from kansas. (my robot dogs name is NOT toto ...it's otot) I am also looking for such a thing to connect my new robot phone to.
    What I want to know is how hard it is to make an adapter to connect it to the ipod stereo unit. Connectors are not so hard to design or even solder up when you know the pin-outs. (I don't) Perhps I need to visit a hardware site or forum.

And i want to install a "head unit in my car" to play thru the speakers and do hands free phone conversations.

i have seen home based bluetooth units on amazon that connect to a stereo, but no feedback from anyone who has used it.
    Zcat has a droid A855 and wants to hook it up to everything, including my hot water heater, sailboat and to a space laser.

Search tags for this page
android boom box
android boombox
android boombox player
android docking boom box
android docking boombox
boom box android
boom box docks for droids
boom box with android dock
boombox for android

boombox for droid

boombox with android dock