turning phone in to verizion? help

joemancox

Reaction score
i got a question hope some one can help me my phone was in recovery menu for like 5 days finely got it flashed tonight so it will work but i need to send back to verizion because they sent me a replacement what do i need to do to it to make sure it will pass through them had z24 root and rom mangar on it before flash

sb1831

Reaction score
I'd just run it through RSDlite with the 3.0.0 sbf problem solved and its back to stock.

OP
J

joemancox

Reaction score
i just flashed with the 2.32 i found on line i think that what we are on now any way just making sure there was no nothing hiding in there

_Killer_

Reaction score
I'd just run it through RSDlite with the 3.0.0 sbf problem solved and its back to stock.

link to said sbf... or any other STOCK sbf...

I'm pretty sure i'll be doing the same.. (sending it back or selling it..)

THANKS!

A Nobody

Reaction score
actually you will use the 2.3.20 sbf to flash it to stock. 3.0.0 is a leak build. Its nice but its not an sbf...do not get it confused or you can mess up ur device.

natas420

Reaction score
Wouldn't it also be a good idea to do a quick clear cache + data? In case anything residual still there/running?

I SBF'd 2.3.20 in preparation of flashing Squidly 2.3.20.1 and when I did my background widget was still running..cleared cache and data and all was good.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the original one is now working just return the one they sent you. Would save you a LOT of time (i.e. restoring it, then rerooting the new one). Besides it's probably a CLNR or other replacement. Likely no better than yours if it's working again.

natas420

Reaction score
KZIWarrior has a very good point. You could avoid caffeinated-beverage induced stomach ulcers all together from having to stay awake doing all the steps required.

There's something special about a phone you've abused, dropped, and willfully use and depend on..like a girlfriend/wife..lol. My old Motorola razr has been dropped in a ditch, dropped in a toilet and urinal...and after a cleaning and some rice it was all nice...god I hated that phone..I'm glad I threw it against a wall. The MetroPCS signal bars were going back in forth like the cha-cha. And what does this have to do with this discussion? nothing. Happy New Year!