turning phone in to verizion? help

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Development' started by joemancox, Dec 29, 2010.

1. joemancox

joemancox New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i got a question hope some one can help me my phone was in recovery menu for like 5 days finely got it flashed tonight so it will work but i need to send back to verizion because they sent me a replacement what do i need to do to it to make sure it will pass through them had z24 root and rom mangar on it before flash

2. sb1831

sb1831 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I'd just run it through RSDlite with the 3.0.0 sbf problem solved and its back to stock.

3. joemancox

joemancox New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just flashed with the 2.32 i found on line i think that what we are on now any way just making sure there was no nothing hiding in there

4. _Killer_

_Killer_ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    link to said sbf... or any other STOCK sbf...

I'm pretty sure i'll be doing the same.. (sending it back or selling it..)

THANKS!

5. A Nobody

A Nobody Member

Ratings:
    +0
    actually you will use the 2.3.20 sbf to flash it to stock. 3.0.0 is a leak build. Its nice but its not an sbf...do not get it confused or you can mess up ur device.

6. natas420

natas420 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wouldn't it also be a good idea to do a quick clear cache + data? In case anything residual still there/running?

I SBF'd 2.3.20 in preparation of flashing Squidly 2.3.20.1 and when I did my background widget was still running..cleared cache and data and all was good.

7. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    If the original one is now working just return the one they sent you. Would save you a LOT of time (i.e. restoring it, then rerooting the new one). Besides it's probably a CLNR or other replacement. Likely no better than yours if it's working again.

8. A Nobody

A Nobody Member

Ratings:
    +0
  9. natas420

natas420 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    KZIWarrior has a very good point. You could avoid caffeinated-beverage induced stomach ulcers all together from having to stay awake doing all the steps required.

There's something special about a phone you've abused, dropped, and willfully use and depend on..like a girlfriend/wife..lol. My old Motorola razr has been dropped in a ditch, dropped in a toilet and urinal...and after a cleaning and some rice it was all nice...god I hated that phone..I'm glad I threw it against a wall. The MetroPCS signal bars were going back in forth like the cha-cha. And what does this have to do with this discussion? nothing. Happy New Year!

10. sb1831

sb1831 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    This I was ahead of myself thanks for that correction