Turning off

letsroc1

Reaction score
My phone is turning off by its self. Is anyone else phone doing the same thing?? And if so what have you done to fix it?

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Mine has only done this once in the 2 months i've had it. It was pretty strange but it hasn't happened since. I was hoping when it shut off that it was applying a big update or something. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.......just a random shut down.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Yes, have had this happen a few times. First time I noticed it was when I went to the extended battery. I have replaced the battery but it has happened a couple times since. Still not as annoying as network drops :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
letsroc1

letsroc1

Reaction score
When it does it I have to take the battery out to get it come back on. This is not the frist time it has done it.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
When it does it I have to take the battery out to get it come back on. This is not the frist time it has done it.

Same here... and the back cover is a real PIA to get off, at least for this ole' fumble-fingered guy. thinking of glueing a cloth "pull-tab" to yank that baby.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you have to remove the battery to get it back on, it sounds more like the "Black Screen of Death." On page 55 of the Bionic Manual it says that if the phone becomes unresponsive the solution is a battery pull.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You may want to consider a Factory Data Reset:

If your problem persists "grit your teeth" and do a Factory Reset. These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 3. If rooted, use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 3-4 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.

Also, I've found that my old Droid 1 and the new Bionic like to re rebooted every day or so.

Good luck.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Bayou... do you think this would help with random reboot problems. Have a friend at work that is having a huge issues with them. I have also found that my phone is happy when I do an occasional reboot, although sometimes not by choice ;-) But randomly and frequently.. argghh

PurpleTwinkie

Reaction score
My phone was randomly shutting down when I first got it but one day it just stopped! I don't get it. So weird but I'll take it! Not one single problem with this device anymore. I love it!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Bayou... do you think this would help with random reboot problems. Have a friend at work that is having a huge issues with them. I have also found that my phone is happy when I do an occasional reboot, although sometimes not by choice ;-) But randomly and frequently.. argghh

Well, it seems these things are often caused by either a hardware issue (warranty time) or some apps that have been installed "not playing nice" with everything else, or an errant system function. I would do a Hard Reset if it were happening to my phone. A Reset does seem to fix a lot of undiagnosed problems. If someone is reluctant to do a Factory Data Reset, suggest they start uninstalling apps and see if they reach a stable place.

Good luck.