Turning off "Call From" voice in incoming call

akshay_91989

Reaction score
Every time I get an incoming call, before my ringtone, there's an electronic voice that says "Call From" so-and so. Is there a way to turn this off?
Even after receiving call, it doesn't stop. Please help me to get rid of this so called feature. :(

Last edited:

scott32746

Reaction score
There are apps like Robin, Whoisit and other Assistant type apps. Need to check them if you have one of them

Roget83

Reaction score
Make sure not in driving mode. That will cause your phone to read incoming calls and texts.

OP
A

akshay_91989

Reaction score
Thanks! But i have tried doing that as well.

But issue still persists with my handset. Is there some other way to resolve this problem :(

OP
A

akshay_91989

Reaction score
There are apps like Robin, Whoisit and other Assistant type apps. Need to check them if you have one of them

Hey scott32746, Thanks for reply! I have checked my installed apps,even checked for similar kind of apps but none of them matches with the list you have provided.

OP
A

akshay_91989

Reaction score
I've got a strange problem -- sometimes, but not everytime - when I receive a call (depends on ther person and number they're using) the call is being announced with voice output, as the phone rings.

When I accept the call, that voice keeps speaking, right INTO the start of the conversation. And the other party can hear it talking.

This just happened:

Phone rings for 2 seconds.
3rd second, I accept the call, seeing it's my buddy on the line.
4th second, I just want to say hello, but I am interrupted with this thing screaming in my ear "INCOMING CALL FROM ...".

How do I turn this damn thing off? Once and for all? Driving mode is disabled. I triple checked.
Please help me!

andiguy

Reaction score
Have you enabled any 'Talkback' feature in Accessibility settings?