Turning off apps

bforcucci333

Reaction score
I was at the verizon store and was informed that the app killer has been known to interfer with the phones function. Does anyone know how I can turn off apps then.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it'd be fair to say store people lie (not just verizon stores either). sometimes outright, more often out of stupidity.

In this case they are correct, suprisingly so.

Any way to answer op's question what I do is back out of apps I want closed using the back button instead of the home button. The phone will kill the apps on its own when it no longer finds them neccesary.

matt192004

Reaction score
i go under running services and cut them off that way. that is what i have been doing is that the right way. I have also clicked on manage application and clciked force stop but which way is the best and right way??

pool_shark

Reaction score
i go under running services and cut them off that way. that is what i have been doing is that the right way. I have also clicked on manage application and clciked force stop but which way is the best and right way??

I too go into applications and kill the ones I don't need, I don't bother to kill the ones that respawn.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As Spaz said the Android OS does a good job of handling apps by killing them when they are not needed and task killers of any kind are not recommended. If you need to manually stop an app for some reason. applications>manage app>all>find the app you want to stop and force stop.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the first time I've heard of a Verizon Store giving out correct information on task killers! I hope this is a trend.

JustisLewis

Reaction score
This is the first time I've heard of a Verizon Store giving out correct information on task killers! I hope this is a trend.

+1!!! I would love to no longer need to reeducate my friends on simple mistakes verizon employees advocate

Sent from my The Ultimate DROiD 2.0.0 URBaN using Tapatalk

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would wager a guess that its just one rogue verizon employee with some smarts. Heck it could've been @droid does!!, I think he works in store.

Taegost

Reaction score

Heh, my sister, her g/f, and I got new phones this weekend (Well, my sister got my old Droid, but still...) and they have a free class... Apparently, they were teaching everyone how to use Advanced Task Killer...
I told them to un-install it and leave it be, after they familiarize themselves with the phones, I'll show them how to kill the apps they don't want with Titanium, then it's never an issue again! :)