Turning off 4G with ICS

cnero1987

Reaction score
Just updated my RAZR to ICS and really like all the changes, but the 4G drains my battery too quickly...is there a way to turn it off without turning off all data with ICS? I've checked the network settings and there is a Global, CDMA/LTE, and GSM/UMTS. The Global and CDMA/LTE settings both run 4G and the GSM just doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Download an app called phone info from the play store. That app accesses the data settings you need. There is a drop down for network and you just change it to cdma only.

If you don't want to download an extra app, you can dial *#*#4636#*#* from the dialer and it will bring up a menu. Choose phone info and change network to cdma only. The app just gets you to the same place faster.

Sent from my Droid RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
There's another way...

Download https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff. It was written fit the HTC Thunderbolt, but works for the RAZR. It places an icon on the home page that takes you right to the setting where you can select the network connection type.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
There's another way...

Download https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff. It was written fit the HTC Thunderbolt, but works for the RAZR. It places an icon on the home page that takes you right to the setting where you can select the network connection type.

Lol. That app takes you to the exact same screen as the one I posted. Not really another way, just another app.

Edit.....never mind, it just saves one touch. :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Lol. That app takes you to the exact same screen as the one I posted. Not really another way, just another app.

Edit.....never mind, it just saves one touch. :)

JK, I wasn't intending on stepping on your toes, just offering up an alternate way to the same menu, and as you mention it is more direct but only by one screen tap. I hope you know I respect and appreciate you as a contributing member and that your suggestion was also valid, effective and helpful...in fact you offered two basic ways to go about it as well.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Just an FYI. When you reboot you will have to do this step again. The settings will revert back to 4G after a reboot.

Reaction score
JK, I wasn't intending on stepping on your toes, just offering up an alternate way to the same menu, and as you mention it is more direct but only by one screen tap. I hope you know I respect and appreciate you as a contributing member and that your suggestion was also valid, effective and helpful...in fact you offered two basic ways to go about it as well.

Foxkat....no issues at all. It is just my quirky thought process that found humor in the way you described the app. I wasn't offended or anything like that. Nothing wrong with giving a user multiple options.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Garemlin said:
Just an FYI. When you reboot you will have to do this step again. The settings will revert back to 4G after a reboot.

I hear that this happens. I've never had that prob. Once set, it stays on 3g for good.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I hear that this happens. I've never had that prob. Once set, it stays on 3g for good.

Interesting. Every time I reboot it reverts back to 4G. Not a big deal to change it again. Just sometimes I forget to.

Tap'd from my Maxx

OP
cnero1987

cnero1987

Reaction score
Thanks for the help! Was able to turn the 4g off using the app with out any issues!

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Garemlin said:
Interesting. Every time I reboot it reverts back to 4G. Not a big deal to change it again. Just sometimes I forget to.

Tap'd from my Maxx

Mine did that at least once that i remember, but it has not done it for quite a while on mine either