Turning notifications off

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by MisterM, Dec 11, 2010.

1. MisterM

MisterM New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have multiple notifications set up for multiple programs. I like to turn off notifications when I lay down for bed. In other ROMs (i.e. EVERY ROM BESIDES MIUI) i can turn off just the system notifications to accomplish my goal. But in MIUI I cant do this by turning off the system notifications (i.e. menu>settings>personal tab>sounds>notification settings>). I have to turn off each and every program that i have a notification set for. Is there a way/program to take care of this, so i dont have to go into each program and turn norifications?

2. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I had MIUI loaded very briefly, and even then I'm not real certain what you're referring to.... notifications from every app.....

3. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Even then, you're saying that you cannot set your notifications to silent?

4. MisterM

MisterM New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can set the system notifications to silent. But only the system notifications.

For instance...
    If I’m use Bugless Beast v0.5 or Shadow ROM or the Stock Android for that matter, I can set the notification volume (the setting in the settings menu) to silent. In doing so ALL notifications are silent (system and program). But I can’t do that in MIUI. I have to go into each program individually and set notifications to silent, or just turn notifications off in those programs (i.e. SMS, Gmail, Droid Life…etc). I would like to have the ability to set the notification volume (the one in the setting menu) to 0 or silent and have no notifications go off. Personally I think that it’s a simple request, considering that Stock Android and virtually any other version of Android does so.

dancedroid:icon_ banana:

5. tnronin

tnronin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    timerrific

Search tags for this page

turning notifications off dna droid