1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Turning Data Off?

Discussion in 'LG Vortex' started by OpenWater, Jan 10, 2011.

1. OpenWater

OpenWater New Member

Hello Folks - Is it possible to turn the data off, and therefore, incur no data charges? I love the phone, but would likely need very little data, so I think the $15 data package would be fine for me. I live in a hot spot, so aside from checking directions or something simple like that while out on the road, I would rarely use the data.

When asking a sales person this question, not only did he become disinterested in me, but he also said that I should get the $30 unlimited plan, because the phone continually uses data to update itself, even when the data is turned off. Thanks for any help.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  2. guest999

guest999 Guest

I turn mine off. I work at home and have wifi and can usually find it when I'm out too. When I need the 3g, I just turn it on. There's a toggle icon on the notification screen to turn it off and on. Easiest $15 I ever saved.

For this month, 10 days into the cycle, I'm at 948mb wifi/154kb cell. haha.
  3. budb4u

budb4u New Member

With the latest update now the 3g toggle button has now been replaced with the airplane button.
  4. estilo

estilo New Member

LOL, they will do ANYTHING to hard-sell the $30 data package. It's ridiculous. I don't know anything about that phone though.
Search tags for this page
can u turn off data connection in lg vx660
data off on verizon lg vx660
does the lg vortex require a data plan
how do you turn off cellular data on lg ixpression 2
how to shut off data on lg

how to turn off 3g on lg vortex

how to turn off data on lg expression
how to turn off the data on an lg expression
is it possible to turn off phone but not data
lg vision turning the data off
lg vortex turn off data