Turned on D2G—All I have is Motorola logo

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Did it happen when you had phone connected to the computer while trying to turn it on, or the home dock connected to the computer?

Because if you connect the cable to a computer while the phone is off and turn it ON the phone will go right into a bootload mode. (looks like DOS)

It actually says

Bootloader ok
2C.7C
Batt OK
OK to Program
Transfer mode
usb

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
Did it happen when you had phone connected to the computer while trying to turn it on, or the home dock connected to the computer?

Because if you connect the cable to a computer while the phone is off and turn it ON the phone will go right into a bootload mode. (looks like DOS)

It actually says

Bootloader ok
2C.7C
Batt OK
OK to Program
Transfer mode
usb
I did plug the phone into an extension cord while it was off last night, not to the computer. But I unplugged it before I went to sleep last night. I turned on the phone this afternoon and got exactly what you posted above.

So what do I do when this happens again?

TwoBuells

Reaction score

It actually says

Bootloader ok
2C.7C
Batt OK
OK to Program
Transfer mode
usb
I did plug the phone into an extension cord while it was off last night, not to the computer. But I unplugged it before I went to sleep last night. I turned on the phone this afternoon and got exactly what you posted above.

So what do I do when this happens again?

Do not plug phone into anything when off. Leave phone on while charging.
you can slide you right slider to put phone in silent mode for bed time.

Plugging the phone in while off turns on the bootloader for flashing a SBF recovery file when phone is stuck in a boot loop or the OS is corrupt. Now the SBF recovery program is for a Verizon tech to flash a program to a phone thats not working. The SBF program has not been leaked to the public yet.

I don't even think the phone can be charged while off.

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
Ok, from now on, I'll charge with the phone on. What do I do if this DOS screen does pop up again? How can I get the phone turned on?

TwoBuells said:
you can slide you right slider to put phone in silent mode for bed time
My phone goes quickly into "inert" mode as always have to slide the unlock icon from left to right to use it. But that may not be what you mean as when I get an email, the alert goes off and when someone calls me, of course the phone "rings". So how can I leave it on to charge it without hearing any noise?

Also, is it ok to leave it on the charger all night or will that mess up the battery? Does the phone know to stop charging once the battery is filled?

Thanks.

leobg

Reaction score
To disable all noise (sms/ring/emails/etc) at night simply switch phone to airplane mode.
Leaving the phone on charger for no matter how long will not do any harm to your phone/battery.

And - if phone goes back in boot loader mode (the DOS like screen), simply do the battery pull again :)

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Mrs EB,
My phone goes quickly into "inert" mode as always have to slide the unlock icon from left to right to use it”

The “inert” mode as you call it is the lock screen. It has a set timer that you change.

The button on the left which you press and drag right unlocks you screen.
The button on the right will turn off all sounds. (like if you are in a meeting or going to sleep)
Press button (icon) on right and slide left. It will say sound off. To turn sound on Press button (icon) on right and slide left.

To change time on your lock screen timer
Press Menu….bottom left button
Press settings
Press Display
Press Screen timeout
Press time you want….2 minutes is good, I like 10 minutes and I’ll tell you why. I hate the screen going out when I’m doing something. And if I’m done and want to put the phone in my pocket I just hit the power button for 1 second, that will turn screen off.
Have fun and you are going to be an expert when we are done.

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
I appreciate everyone's assistance.

TwoBuells said:
The button on the left which you press and drag right unlocks you screen.
That I've mastered. ;)

The button on the right will turn off all sounds. (like if you are in a meeting or going to sleep)
I've tried to slide that to the right when I've put the phone on. It now says that the silent mode and airplane mode are on. But the volume is up. How can that all be consistent? What I've done is just put the volume down by pressing the button on the outside of the smart phone. So now I have all of these things going. I'm not sure if I've screwed this up.

Press button (icon) on right and slide left. It will say sound off. To turn sound on Press button (icon) on right and slide left.
That I did. How do I turn it back on? When I slide the right silent button to the left, it vibrates but doesn't do anything else.

Have fun and you are going to be an expert when we are done.
I really appreciate your kindness.

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
How do I get it off airplane mode? All of my calls go to voice mail. I moved the sound thing to the left and it says the sound is on but the airplane icon is still next to the battery icon.

This is frustrating.

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
Ok, I figured it out. I have to touch the power button to do it. Thank you google. ;)

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Your Power control widget can control your
WiFi-on/off
Bluetooth on/off
Satellites on/off
Air Plane Mode on/off
And screen brightness
Look on page 14 of your “Tips, Hints and shortcuts” book
The second screen in shows the on/off icons of the items mentioned above

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
Your Power control widget can control your
WiFi-on/off
Bluetooth on/off
Satellites on/off
Air Plane Mode on/off
And screen brightness
Look on page 14 of your “Tips, Hints and shortcuts” book
The second screen in shows the on/off icons of the items mentioned above
Thanks for this. I'm looking on the widget screen and see 5 widget icons in a row. What looks like a satellite and blue tooth are not lit up. What looks like wifi, airplane mode and screen are. Which are supposed to be lit up. What do they do and how will they help me with some kind of a short cut?

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
I can't rid of that horizontal row of widget options from the home screen. What do I do? (Yup my 1st post from my phone!) I tried dragging it off the screen but the list of 5 widgets popped right back.

Also, what are the dots at the bottom of the screen from time to time? I see 3 dots, 2 dots...on both sides. I'm trying to find them now but I forget how I find them. When I click on it, I get a different home screen.

While I'm here, I have a few more questions:

When I click on the browser, it takes me to the last website I went to. Is that what it's supposed to do?

How do I delete bookmarks that were already on the phone when I got it? For example, I want to delete eBay, MSN, Picasa, mySpace, and CNN.

Thanks!

Last edited:

TwoBuells

Reaction score
I can't rid of that horizontal row of widget options from the home screen. What do I do? (Yup my 1st post from my phone!) I tried dragging it off the screen but the list of 5 widgets popped right back.

long press on icon and then drag to trash can

Also, what are the dots at the bottom of the screen from time to time? I see 3 dots, 2 dots...on both sides. I'm trying to find them now but I forget how I find them. When I click on it, I get a different home screen.

You should have 5 screens, the center one is the Home Screen. the dots move you from screen to screen or you can flick or slide (left or right) to change screens. you can customize each screen any why you wish.

While I'm here, I have a few more questions:

When I click on the browser, it takes me to the last website I went to. Is that what it's supposed to do? you can set your browers to any home screen you desire.

from the browser press meun
more
scroll down (flick up) press settings
scroll down (flick up) press set home page

How do I delete bookmarks that were already on the phone when I got it? For example, I want to delete eBay, MSN, Picasa, mySpace, and CNN.

from browser go to bookmarks
long press on bookmark you want to delete
scroll down (flick up) press delete bookmark

Thanks!
have fun!!!!!!

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
I am indeed having fun with this. I'm setting bookmarks, adding apps, and sending voice texts. :)

I deleted those bookmarks...thank you!
-------------------

One thing I'm having trouble with: So I can drag any icon on that horizontal widget list? Ok. Now, where's the trash can? I know that sounds ridiculous! LOL I don't see an icon for it.

Also, I don't want to hear a sound when I get a new email. Sure I want my phone to ring and it is ringing when calls come in but I don't want to hear a tone when I get an email or a test. I believe the top part of my screen alerts me of email and texts and that's enough. No sound needed. Thanks for your help with this.

In addition, I have 2 gmail addresses. Is there a way to have both gmail accounts as easily accessible on my phone as my one email account is?

Last edited: