1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Turned on D2G—All I have is Motorola logo

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by Mrs EB, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Mrs EB

Mrs EB New Member

It doesn't turn on all the way; it's stuck on the Motorola logo. I pressed the button to see if it would turn off and it doesn't. Thought about taking the battery out and putting it back in. But I can't get off the cover. Any advice???
  2. TwoBuells

TwoBuells New Member

Hold the phone in your hand like if you were going to take a picture of yourself. With you right thumb put it over the Motorola logo. Move thumb to the right edge of cover. Push in towards phone and to your left. Cover should come off.
    Pull battery out, wait about 10 seconds. re install battery and start phone. put the cover on later because you might need to pull battery again.
  3. Mrs EB

Mrs EB New Member

I know this sounds dumb....but since I've never taken a picture with this phone:

If I'm looking at the back cover, the lens and flash are on the upper right hand side. The M is right-side up and the Verizon name at the bottom is right side up. Is that the right way?
  4. JoeWW

JoeWW New Member

I think you mean upper left, and yes it's right.
  5. leobg

leobg Member

Grab the phone with two hands - thumbs on the upper part of the battery cover. Press slightly and slide down towards the speaker grill. Important - do not press on the middle but near the top of the cover with your thumbs. Lid will slide down and you can remove it easily after
  6. Mrs EB

Mrs EB New Member

Actually I didn't. But thanks for correcting me. So I'm to hold it VERTICALLY. ;) And yes, the flash is on the upper left hand side. Thank you.

Did it! Thank you.

But I've had the darndest time getting the cover back on. I did it but I'm not sure how. What's the secret there?
  7. leobg

leobg Member

Same procedure but in reverse order - align the lid in place over the speaker grill, put both thumbs on the top of the lid (same place where you put when opening) and push slightly then slide to the top.
  8. Mrs EB

Mrs EB New Member

Thanks. Those 2 "hooks" on each of the longer sides seem to make it difficult for me. I guess I'll have to get used to it.

I'm wondering why my screen was locked with the M logo in the first place. Is that a common thing? Did I do something inadvertently?
  9. TwoBuells

TwoBuells New Member

Glad you got the cover off.
  10. leobg

leobg Member

Not very common. But wired things do happen. I am glad you resolved the problem by doing a battery pull.
  11. the_hamburglar

the_hamburglar New Member

Did this happen after flashing a theme or something? Because I had the same problem and I couldn't find a fix, so I just took it back to verizon and they gave me a replacement. (The battery pull didn't work)
  12. Mrs EB

Mrs EB New Member

When I put on the phone, I saw DOS like writing on the upper part of the screen. I assumed I didn't press the button hard enough and pushed it again. This is when the Motorola logo appeared and didn't go away until I removed the battery.
  13. the_hamburglar

Oh so you got it fixed?
  14. Mrs EB

Mrs EB New Member

Yes, thanks. By removing the battery for 10 seconds and putting it back, it worked. It just took a while to remove the cover and put it back on.
  15. the_hamburglar

Ah okay. Nice job. I was flashing a theme and something went wrong, but luckily this was 10 days after I got my phone so they took the phone back and gave me a new one for free :icon_ banana:
  16. TwoBuells

TwoBuells New Member

Did it happen when you had phone connected to the computer while trying to turn it on, or the home dock connected to the computer?

Because if you connect the cable to a computer while the phone is off and turn it ON the phone will go right into a bootload mode. (looks like DOS)

It actually says

Bootloader ok
    2C.7C
    Batt OK
    OK to Program
    Transfer mode
    usb
  17. Mrs EB

Mrs EB New Member

I did plug the phone into an extension cord while it was off last night, not to the computer. But I unplugged it before I went to sleep last night. I turned on the phone this afternoon and got exactly what you posted above.

So what do I do when this happens again?
  18. TwoBuells

TwoBuells New Member

Do not plug phone into anything when off. Leave phone on while charging.
    you can slide you right slider to put phone in silent mode for bed time.

Plugging the phone in while off turns on the bootloader for flashing a SBF recovery file when phone is stuck in a boot loop or the OS is corrupt. Now the SBF recovery program is for a Verizon tech to flash a program to a phone thats not working. The SBF program has not been leaked to the public yet.

I don't even think the phone can be charged while off.
  19. Mrs EB

Mrs EB New Member

Ok, from now on, I'll charge with the phone on. What do I do if this DOS screen does pop up again? How can I get the phone turned on?

My phone goes quickly into "inert" mode as always have to slide the unlock icon from left to right to use it. But that may not be what you mean as when I get an email, the alert goes off and when someone calls me, of course the phone "rings". So how can I leave it on to charge it without hearing any noise?

Also, is it ok to leave it on the charger all night or will that mess up the battery? Does the phone know to stop charging once the battery is filled?

Thanks.
  20. leobg

leobg Member

To disable all noise (sms/ring/emails/etc) at night simply switch phone to airplane mode.
    Leaving the phone on charger for no matter how long will not do any harm to your phone/battery.

And - if phone goes back in boot loader mode (the DOS like screen), simply do the battery pull again :)
Search tags for this page

droid 2global sound off/on with slide

my droid 4 will not power off or on i get the motorola logo