Turned on D2G—All I have is Motorola logo

Mrs EB

Reaction score
It doesn't turn on all the way; it's stuck on the Motorola logo. I pressed the button to see if it would turn off and it doesn't. Thought about taking the battery out and putting it back in. But I can't get off the cover. Any advice???

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Hold the phone in your hand like if you were going to take a picture of yourself. With you right thumb put it over the Motorola logo. Move thumb to the right edge of cover. Push in towards phone and to your left. Cover should come off.
Pull battery out, wait about 10 seconds. re install battery and start phone. put the cover on later because you might need to pull battery again.

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
I know this sounds dumb....but since I've never taken a picture with this phone:

If I'm looking at the back cover, the lens and flash are on the upper right hand side. The M is right-side up and the Verizon name at the bottom is right side up. Is that the right way?

JoeWW

Reaction score
I think you mean upper left, and yes it's right.

leobg

Reaction score
Grab the phone with two hands - thumbs on the upper part of the battery cover. Press slightly and slide down towards the speaker grill. Important - do not press on the middle but near the top of the cover with your thumbs. Lid will slide down and you can remove it easily after

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
I think you mean upper left, and yes it's right.
Actually I didn't. But thanks for correcting me. So I'm to hold it VERTICALLY. ;) And yes, the flash is on the upper left hand side. Thank you.

leobg said:
Grab the phone with two hands - thumbs on the upper part of the battery cover. Press slightly and slide down towards the speaker grill. Important - do not press on the middle but near the top of the cover with your thumbs. Lid will slide down and you can remove it easily after
Did it! Thank you.

But I've had the darndest time getting the cover back on. I did it but I'm not sure how. What's the secret there?

leobg

Reaction score
Same procedure but in reverse order - align the lid in place over the speaker grill, put both thumbs on the top of the lid (same place where you put when opening) and push slightly then slide to the top.

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
Thanks. Those 2 "hooks" on each of the longer sides seem to make it difficult for me. I guess I'll have to get used to it.

I'm wondering why my screen was locked with the M logo in the first place. Is that a common thing? Did I do something inadvertently?

leobg

Reaction score
Not very common. But wired things do happen. I am glad you resolved the problem by doing a battery pull.

the_hamburglar

Reaction score
Did this happen after flashing a theme or something? Because I had the same problem and I couldn't find a fix, so I just took it back to verizon and they gave me a replacement. (The battery pull didn't work)

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
Did this happen after flashing a theme or something? Because I had the same problem and I couldn't find a fix, so I just took it back to verizon and they gave me a replacement. (The battery pull didn't work)
When I put on the phone, I saw DOS like writing on the upper part of the screen. I assumed I didn't press the button hard enough and pushed it again. This is when the Motorola logo appeared and didn't go away until I removed the battery.

the_hamburglar

Reaction score
When I put on the phone, I saw DOS like writing on the upper part of the screen. I assumed I didn't press the button hard enough and pushed it again. This is when the Motorola logo appeared and didn't go away until I removed the battery.

Oh so you got it fixed?

the_hamburglar

Reaction score
Oh so you got it fixed?
Yes, thanks. By removing the battery for 10 seconds and putting it back, it worked. It just took a while to remove the cover and put it back on.

Ah okay. Nice job. I was flashing a theme and something went wrong, but luckily this was 10 days after I got my phone so they took the phone back and gave me a new one for free :icon_ banana: