Turn phone off?

Wolfman38

Reaction score
I have had my DNA for a little over two weeks now, and have yet to power the unit off (other than resetting when doing a hardward update at the time of purchase). I am wondering do we need to turn our phones off every now and then, is it damaging them if we do not, and if we do need to power them down how often should they be powered down??

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
i dont see how any damage could occur, however, i have noticed some varying amounts of lag on different phones after passing 1-2 weeks.

rvcjew

Reaction score
nah shouldn't need to, that said if you want to before you do in settings/power tun off fast boot first so that when it reboots it actually clears its ram. fast boot is cool but so is flushing your ram properly.

mamawm

Reaction score
It is not necessary to power off your phone (reboot). however, it is kinda like powering off your pc, it just closes everything down and lets you start fresh. in the owners manual to my bionic, motorola actually suggests that the phone be powered down once a week for optimal performance. I usually power mine off about twice a month, or if i run across anything that just seems "not quite right" (excessive or unusual battery drain, etc.)