1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Turn phone off?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid DNA' started by Wolfman38, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Wolfman38

Wolfman38 New Member

I have had my DNA for a little over two weeks now, and have yet to power the unit off (other than resetting when doing a hardward update at the time of purchase). I am wondering do we need to turn our phones off every now and then, is it damaging them if we do not, and if we do need to power them down how often should they be powered down??
  2. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Well-Known Member

i dont see how any damage could occur, however, i have noticed some varying amounts of lag on different phones after passing 1-2 weeks.
  3. rvcjew

rvcjew New Member

nah shouldn't need to, that said if you want to before you do in settings/power tun off fast boot first so that when it reboots it actually clears its ram. fast boot is cool but so is flushing your ram properly.
  4. mamawm

mamawm New Member

It is not necessary to power off your phone (reboot). however, it is kinda like powering off your pc, it just closes everything down and lets you start fresh. in the owners manual to my bionic, motorola actually suggests that the phone be powered down once a week for optimal performance. I usually power mine off about twice a month, or if i run across anything that just seems "not quite right" (excessive or unusual battery drain, etc.)
Search tags for this page
how do i shutdown htc dna
how to manually turn off droid dna

how to manually turn off htc dna

how to power down droid htc dna

how to power off an htc dna

how to power off droid dna

how to power off htc dna

how to shut off droid dna

how to turn a droid dna on

how to turn off droid dna

how to turn off htc dna