Turn off dock sound?

flameboy

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to turn off the noise it makes when you dock the Droid 3? I looked through the menus and couldn't find anything. Did I miss it?

jeffrich21

Reaction score
I can't figure it out either. It's kind of annoying each time you put it in the dock.

Last edited:

awbs

Reaction score
Are you hearing the default notification ringtone?
On my D1 under Notification Ringtone it was possible to choose Silent. For whatever reason this setting is gone on my D3. I am hearing that tone at all kinds of annoying places.

Immolate

Reaction score
Are you hearing the default notification ringtone?
On my D1 under Notification Ringtone it was possible to choose Silent. For whatever reason this setting is gone on my D3. I am hearing that tone at all kinds of annoying places.

Okay, here's what I did. I downloaded a silent mp3 from here. I created a folder on my internal fake SD:

/sdcard/media/audio/notifications

I went into settings/sound/notification ringtone/music then selected 1sec. Voila.

land836

Reaction score
I think it a little ridiculous that Motorola would require us to disable our notification sound just so we don't have to listen to it when we dock it. I'm sure, emphasis on sure, that they will come up with a fix.

militant

Reaction score
Just curious, since it doesn't transfer data, how often are you guys docking it? I dock mine once a night on my night table before I go to bed, yeah it's a little annoying, but nothing I can't deal with.

land836

Reaction score
I have a dock for night as well as one at work. It just seems with all the personalization that the Droid allows that you can't just turn that sound off.dancedroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
hmm... on my D2 2.3.3, i could have sworn there was a Dock Settings in the menu-settings, but I don't see it. There was an option for Dock Insertion Sound at one point. Could have sworn GB had it, but I can't find it now.

OP
flameboy

flameboy

Reaction score
Okay, now that it's rooted, there has to be a way to do this.

I have already renamed Dock.ogg to Dock.ogg.bak and rebooted and it STILL makes that goddamn noise when I dock my phone at night!

land836

Reaction score
Okay, now that it's rooted, there has to be a way to do this.

I have already renamed Dock.ogg to Dock.ogg.bak and rebooted and it STILL makes that goddamn noise when I dock my phone at night!

So very annoying!

technofiles2003

Reaction score
Get rid of usb sound and docking sound

Put the silent mp3 (or I converterd it and put it in the system/media section with root explorer (must be rooted), then make sure your SMS program uses a different sound for text message alerts, and you'll be set. I have no sound when I plug in my droid, no sound with docking, but I still have SMS message notification. Best of all worlds.