Turn Off Auto-Mount

Goblynn93

Reaction score
My SD card now mounts automatically when I plug in my USB cable. This has messed up several operations that require the SD card be mounted to the phone...

How do I stop the SD card from auto-mounting? I just want to plug in and charge, not move files!!

harrellj

Reaction score
Do you have Winamp installed on the phone? Or double-twist? Both of them by default set the card to auto-mount, but luckily thats a setting that can be disabled. Prior to this starting, the apps that you either installed/updated, double-check their settings to see if they snuck it in on you.

OP
G

Goblynn93

Reaction score
WinAMP... Way downhill since AOL bought them, but still one of the best music players out there! And way better than stock...

Never heard of the other ap you talked about... but WinAMP was definitely the culprit!

Thanks!!

Kevbar

Reaction score
harrellj, you saved me from pulling the rest of my hair out with your solution! I had the same problem...sneaky Winamp!

Thanks!

harrellj

Reaction score
No problem and thanks for the PM to remind me to double-check my Winamp settings with that lovely update today to make sure it didn't get re-enabled.