Turn off 4G

obogobo

Reaction score
My battery life continues to suck. I haven't had luck with the 4G toggle apps in the past, most just bring up the ICS settings menu without an option to disable it.
Anyone found an easy way to toggle the 4G without removing the SIM card?

GigaJake

Reaction score
Type *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer, phone information, and change network mode to CDMA (auto)

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
My battery life continues to suck. I haven't had luck with the 4G toggle apps in the past, most just bring up the ICS settings menu without an option to disable it.
Anyone found an easy way to toggle the 4G without removing the SIM card?

lte on/off, says its for htc thunderbolt but works fine on razrs. takes you to the screen that GigaJake recommends (*#*#4636#*#*) in one click, then you have to open the drop down menu and chose CDMA auto prl.

OP
obogobo

obogobo

Reaction score
lte on/off, says its for htc thunderbolt but works fine on razrs. takes you to the screen that GigaJake recommends (*#*#4636#*#*) in one click, then you have to open the drop down menu and chose CDMA auto prl.

Wasn't able to get the code to work, kept trying to call that sequence but the app did thanks!

OP
obogobo

obogobo

Reaction score
So what happens when you input a code like *#*#4636#*#*, is the stock dialer app hard coded to recognize such sequences?
Or does dialing a special code trigger an event somewhere else observing input... really just wondering why the app worked and dialer didn't

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
So what happens when you input a code like *#*#4636#*#*, is the stock dialer app hard coded to recognize such sequences?
Or does dialing a special code trigger an event somewhere else observing input... really just wondering why the app worked and dialer didn't

Not quite sure but I would lean towards the latter.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Did you try both the screen and the physical keys, typing this I remember something weird for the dual phone thingies.

OP
obogobo

obogobo

Reaction score
Yeah it's weird, typing that sequence with the physical keyboard or touch buttons gives the same result.
Upon completion the string dissappears and nothing pops up. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an attempt to hide such menus

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
ForumRunner_20121229_234838.png

This is where *#*#info#*#* should go.

Anycut is the core of most apps that bypasses several steps.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Dumb question but I have to ask, you did enter the code on the phone dialer as if trying to make a call?

OP
obogobo

obogobo

Reaction score
Dumb question but I have to ask, you did enter the code on the phone dialer as if trying to make a call?
Yep that's just how I did it, open dialer key in code and before I can hit send or anything it just erases the input.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by Anycut