Turn Any Android Smartphone into a NFC Device

jerkwad

Reaction score
Seriously they want the consumer to pay $70.00 so we can have their service on our phone so they can make money off every transaction.
They should be giving these away or at a price for less than a comparable replacement SD card.

If they used there heads & stop thinking about the quick buck & gave them away. They would corner the market & be fat dumb & happy in no time with the service fees off each transaction.

I swear these companies cant see past the quick buck anymore for the long term benefits.

That's assuming that the device tags the transaction with the vendor that supplied the NFC hardware. Otherwise it is just MasterCard that is making money on every transaction. IF this is the case, I wholeheartedly agree with you and would be handing them out like Chiclets in Tijuana, Mexico (you only get this reference if you've been there!)

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
the point of the phone vs debit card is that this is a step towards a future where we only need one device, perhaps store our drivers license on there too. im all for a paperless future

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It will be YEARS before you can ditch the plastic in favor of an NFC chip, not to mention it would need both mastercard/visa capabilities, possibly AMEX since a lot of corporate accounts use it.

The real advantages I see for an NFC chip are controlling your household....stuff like the garage opener, door lock, alarm system, tv/entertainment center, etc. But I won't be dumping thousands of dollars into NFC-enabled devices like that for a minor added convenience.

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
It will be YEARS before you can ditch the plastic in favor of an NFC chip, not to mention it would need both mastercard/visa capabilities, possibly AMEX since a lot of corporate accounts use it.

The real advantages I see for an NFC chip are controlling your household....stuff like the garage opener, door lock, alarm system, tv/entertainment center, etc. But I won't be dumping thousands of dollars into NFC-enabled devices like that for a minor added convenience.

baby steps my friend. the death star wasnt built in a day