Turbo +Marshmallow

DroidT

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo
It's already an old phone. It's a year old.
I don't think so...The droid turbo is nowadays a great phone! If they say that a smartphone is old because of the processor, for example, what's the real difference between a 805 snapdragon and an 820 one? none...I mean in general. They let us believe that a product is obsolete just for economical reasons, but this phone, still in 2016, is a great phone, better than some other blasoned and just put on the market

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I don't think so...The droid turbo is nowadays a great phone! If they say that a smartphone is old because of the processor, for example, what's the real difference between a 805 snapdragon and an 820 one? none...I mean in general. They let us believe that a product is obsolete just for economical reasons, but this phone, still in 2016, is a great phone, better than some other blasoned and just put on the market
Most Phones become obsolete when they are sold. Motorola is the worst at it. Phones are old because of the lack of support they receive from updates, Hello VERIZON I'm looking at you kid.

dphurst

Reaction score
Security patches on major vulnerabilities is what I care about. I want my Droid Turbo to not have major security holes. I use my phone for a number of tasks I used to require a laptop for. I'd appreciate just a little more professionalism in getting security holes patched in a timely fashion. It's been 10 months since the multimedia text message remote hack was revealed. Is my phone still vulnerable? Yes. Now, I just read about a snapdragon cpu vulnerability. We need direct Google security patches in a couple of days, not vendor patches that only might appear. Apple actually wins over Android in that respect. And I really hate saying that!

I know Google is trying to solve the problem, but the pipeline is still way too slow.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Security patches on major vulnerabilities is what I care about. I want my Droid Turbo to not have major security holes. I use my phone for a number of tasks I used to require a laptop for. I'd appreciate just a little more professionalism in getting security holes patched in a timely fashion. It's been 10 months since the multimedia text message remote hack was revealed. Is my phone still vulnerable? Yes. Now, I just read about a snapdragon cpu vulnerability. We need direct Google security patches in a couple of days, not vendor patches that only might appear. Apple actually wins over Android in that respect. And I really hate saying that!

I know Google is trying to solve the problem, but the pipeline is still way too slow.
If that's what you "need", a provider controlled phone is not for you. To get monthlies you'll need a Nexus phone.

The snapdragon vulnerability needs to be direct contact so it's very rare.
How many people were affected by stage freight? I'd be more concerned with using a computer. It's easier to exploit.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Agreed. There's an option for you if it's that important to you.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk