Turbo charger has three voltages and amperages.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Definitely. Shotgun is the best seat because I can play with my Turbo while YOU drive! Lol.
Um.. Shotgun? And where am I? Lmao

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What?? What kind of vehicle are we in here??? Cause I'm not laying on the floor board again... Still paying off the ticket from last time... Remember??? You guys said give me a break.. I thought you said brake... Man.. That cop was mad...

Reactions: cr6

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Definitely. Shotgun is the best seat because I can play with my Turbo while YOU drive! Lol.
It''s interesting that this charger can have a different wattage output with the different amperage & voltage ratings. I wonder what that does for the power draw itself the charger will command from an extension cord, wall outlet, or power strip. Mind you at the very most a wall outlet can support 15A at 125V. My question behind all of this how safe is turbo-charging usage over-and-over-again over time, due to excessive heat emission & trying to encase all that raw energy within a small plastic confined cube?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It''s interesting that this charger can have a different wattage output with the different amperage & voltage ratings. I wonder what that does for the power draw itself the charger will command from an extension cord, wall outlet, or power strip. Mind you at the very most a wall outlet can support 15A at 125V. My question behind all of this how safe is turbo-charging usage over-and-over-again over time, due to excessive heat emission & trying to encase all that raw energy within a small plastic confined cube?
I'll say this for the note 4's adaptive fast charging, it doesn't even get as hot as my s4 did on a regular charge.

Sent from my Note 4

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
I'll say this for the note 4's adaptive fast charging, it doesn't even get as hot as my s4 did on a regular charge.

Sent from my Note 4
Yeah, I have noticed that with the S4 10-watt power adapter as the Nema 1-15 blades feel warm-to-the-touch after the power supply is disconnected from the outlet. It seems to manifest itself more from wall outlet than from a power strip. Plastic feels warm too. I'm sure whomever designed the adapter has some sort of idea regarding average heat output & a safe "range" of temperatures. I've never seen this idea implemented before, I'd be a little nervous at 1st trying it whenever I pick up Turbo or n6.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I use the stock charger from Verizon I picked up with the bundle deal. I tried the stock charger it came with. For the first 5mins of charging the phone because hot to the touch and was worried over time using the stock turbocharger it will shorten the life span of the battery. Other people I read are reporting this and have reverted to they're stock charger.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I am glad I have Both, I suppose in a pinch I will use the Turbo Charger and be glad I had it.
Otherwise, for daily (or every other day) charging - I'll use my old standby from my Maxx.

krnmc

Reaction score
I tried using my standard Samsung charger last night and I woke up with my phone not charged at all. But the battery had the "charging" logo on.. does anyone else had this issue?

WhoDunIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I'm wondering if this is true or not......I have read the reviews of the Turbo posted on the Verizon site by users and have seen complainants of "only" getting around 30 hours or more battery life. I'll be WAY happy if I can do anything that I want on the phone and get "only" 30 hrs of life...However, in some of the responses to these, 'complainants' (and I use that term loosely), Motorola Customer Care has been responding with the following quote....

Motorola Customer Care, November 5, 2014
As far as battery life goes.... it's normal for it to take a week or so for the battery to reach it's optimal levels. Whenever you first get a device, you're going to be using it more than normal... setting it up, transferring your info over, playing around and getting to know it, downloading/installing apps and updates... the battery takes a beating for a bit, until you get the device set up how you want it and begin more normal usage patterns. Also -- with this type of battery it's actually better to NOT let it drain all the way to 0% before charging. We recommend charging it at night while you sleep, so you can begin each day with a fresh battery, or topping it up now and then when you get a chance, even if it isn't low yet.

I was always taught to let it go down to almost 0 before you charge a battery. Especially when it is new....Is this a different technology? What Ya guys/gals think is the best bet. I would think to stay away from the Turbo Charger unless needed and to let it drain to lower values before charging.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
[To customer complaints about battery life not attaining 48 hours]...Motorola Customer Care has been responding with the following quote....

Motorola Customer Care, November 5, 2014
As far as battery life goes.... it's normal for it to take a week or so for the battery to reach it's optimal levels. Whenever you first get a device, you're going to be using it more than normal... setting it up, transferring your info over, playing around and getting to know it, downloading/installing apps and updates... the battery takes a beating for a bit, until you get the device set up how you want it and begin more normal usage patterns. Also -- with this type of battery it's actually better to NOT let it drain all the way to 0% before charging. We recommend charging it at night while you sleep, so you can begin each day with a fresh battery, or topping it up now and then when you get a chance, even if it isn't low yet.
I love it when when what I've been preaching for the past 4 years is actually vindicated by the manufacturer itself. Thank you so much for posting that because I've been trying to get people on to that bandwagon for a long time.

I've been saying "plug into the charger as soon after the phone tells you to as you possibly can", "feel free to "top off" or "partially charge" often throughout the day as you are near an outlet, even if it's still holding a reasonable level of charge". Again, what I've been saying all along is proven so with the statements above.

Last edited:
OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I tried using my standard Samsung charger last night and I woke up with my phone not charged at all. But the battery had the "charging" logo on.. does anyone else had this issue?
It's quite possible that the Samsung charger just does not put out enough current to keep up with the current draw of the phone while in rest mode and at the same time either activate the charging circuit or have enough excess current to be pushing the battery values up.

Take note, at the 5.0 volt level, the turbocharger actually puts out 1.6 amps. That's way more than almost all previous charges that I have seen come out for cell phones. Apparently the circuitry in the phone that dictates how much power the battery gets must be looking for higher current levels initially in order to properly moderate the charging rate for the battery even during the slow charging and trickle charging periods.

krnmc

Reaction score
Hm... okay cause I tried it with two different chargers and same result that sucks