Reaction score
Is everyone using the stock camera app?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well not sure if that is a question for me but, I had HDR "ON" , Standard 21mp selected, No Flash, that was about it.
Given how dark my office was, I was kinda impressed with that last one.
BTW, it was unsupported/freehand.

Don't forget that you can drag the Green circle around the subject in the pic before snapping and change not only the focal point but more importantly the metering for brighness and white balance. I find that if you point at the subject, you don't always get the best light balance. A quick drag to a darker area to brighten it up, or to a brighter area to darken slightly and you're in business.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Even if it did have that ability, I'm not that good enough that I would know when to use it and when not to. lol

:p
Well, getting a better white balance helps make sure whites are reallly white *(rather than a blueish gray as it appears in those shots, orange, or green as it can with Fluorescent lighting). It then fixes all other colors as well, and also helps with the brightness/contrast.

Here's one short but educational reference to white balance and example of the effects. It is a pretty dramatic difference in the shot they show, but it proves the point.

wb_sardmen-incorrect.jpg wb_sardmen-correct.jpg

In this example, I would have pointed to the plastic bag as the white reference since it's the whitest of all white colors. That is proven in the corrected image.

Understanding White Balance

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Why is there no "thanks" icon. ;)
I think it was removed from the selection because certain people (me being the first), were confused when we moved from simple "Like" to all the choices.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Pologuy

Reaction score
I have had my Turbo for just over a month now...

And I can tell you I love everything about this phone - except the camera.

If the camera had image stabilization this phone would be absolutely perfect.

Because if you hold the camera exactly still - it takes great pictures.

However, unless you have hands like a tripod the pictures turn out slightly blurry...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
AND it still sucks in low light. But in the right conditions, it's pretty damn awesome. I don't really need IOS. Just need my son to sit still. :D IOS won't help with his energetic butt.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
AND it still sucks in low light. But in the right conditions, it's pretty damn awesome. I don't really need IOS. Just need my son to sit still. :D IOS won't help with his energetic butt.
I thought my pics in post(s) #50 & #53 were impressive

Reactions: cr6

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I thought my pics in post(s) #50 & #53 were impressive

They certainly do look good. Still objects. I wish I would have kept the photos I took last night of my son in low light with him moving. They were just a blur... :( But shots in good light? Damn NEAR DSLR quality..

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's all in the eye of the beholder anyways right?

S5 tap'n
Subjective characteristics such as Beauty - Yes. The more objective aspects like focus, clarity, color rendering and detail - not so much.