Motorola Turbo 2
What could be cause

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
has it worked before? what wireless charger are you using?

check the cables between the outlet and wireless charger, make sure there are no deep folds in the wire and everything is plugged in properly.

check the phone itself and make sure there are not any apps running.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
has it worked before? what wireless charger are you using?

check the cables between the outlet and wireless charger, make sure there are no deep folds in the wire and everything is plugged in properly.

check the phone itself and make sure there are not any apps running.
It used to work fine . I haven't changed anything it's the Samsung qi2 charge stand. So it's It not supposed to saw slow charging? I put it on at 80% and woke up and it was 40% and the phone was super hot. I plugged it into my regular charger cord and it turbo charged as normal and cooled off

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
have you tried it since? something similar happened to me last month on my wireless charging pad. did not charge and got so hot it froze and had a heck of a time to get it to restart. thought my phone was fried. it turned out to be a one-time occurrence - so far

one thing you can try, disable quick charge, and charge the phone as normal. if it does not get hot. use the phone as normal then re-enable quick charge before the next charging cycle. that sometimes help.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
have you tried it since? something similar happened to me last month on my wireless charging pad. did not charge and got so hot it froze and had a heck of a time to get it to restart. thought my phone was fried. it turned out to be a one-time occurrence - so far

one thing you can try, disable quick charge, and charge the phone as normal. if it does not get hot. use the phone as normal then re-enable quick charge before the next charging cycle. that sometimes help.
I don't know where to disable quick charge

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't know where to disable quick charge

I don't believe you can on a Droid Turbo.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
don't know if turbo has it but turbo 2 has it. it is called turbo power though some call it quick charge.
The Turbo and Turbo 2 do both have quick charge functionality; which Moto calls turbo charging. But I don't believe you can turn it On / Off like you can on other phone models; at least not that I ever found on my Turbo & Turbo 2.

To the OP: I would agree with the other comments that this was probably a one time glitch. I would recommend clearing the cache partition, reboot and see how it runs & charges.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk