Tunes Remote?

DiggaDon

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I've been fascinated with the iTunes remote that is available on the iPhones and I recently found Jeff Sharkey's Tunes Remote on the marketplace, however after reading the reviews, it seems like the app has crapped out, whether it be by apple changing some code or whatever, perhaps no recent update? I don't know.

Has anyone tried it out and know if it's still working? -- or if there is something comparable to that app that works?

Let me know! I'll be checking the marketplace in the meantime

- Digg

Jason

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I've been fascinated with the iTunes remote that is available on the iPhones and I recently found Jeff Sharkey's Tunes Remote on the marketplace, however after reading the reviews, it seems like the app has crapped out, whether it be by apple changing some code or whatever, perhaps no recent update? I don't know.

Has anyone tried it out and know if it's still working? -- or if there is something comparable to that app that works?

- Digg
I tried it and couldn't get it to work but I did find this app called Gmote. It lets you browse through your media files and play them. You could also use this app to use it as a mouse and keyboard for your computer. All you need to do is download the server for the app and connect through wifi to find the the server on your phone

OP
D

DiggaDon

Reaction score
Hey everyone

- Digg
I tried it and couldn't get it to work but I did find this app called Gmote. It lets you browse through your media files and play them. You could also use this app to use it as a mouse and keyboard for your computer. All you need to do is download the server for the app and connect through wifi to find the the server on your phone

I'm not looking to play the files from my computer through my phone, I want to use the phone as a remote to play the songs that are already on my computer, through my computer.

-- at least that's what it sounds like what you're describing with gmote, am I wrong with that?

Jason

Reaction score
Hey everyone

- Digg

I'm not looking to play the files from my computer through my phone, I want to use the phone as a remote to play the songs that are already on my computer, through my computer.

-- at least that's what it sounds like what you're describing with gmote, am I wrong with that?
Sorry I didn't make it clear but Gmote is a remote for the computer. It just doesn't use itunes. Instead you browse through the folder you have your music or movies and it will open it up on your computer. You could also has the option to listen to it on your phone but its in beta. Its free so just try it out

OP
D

DiggaDon

Reaction score
I tried it out and I couldn't get it to sync with my library. It couldn't find it on my network. iTunes recognized my "android device" but my phone wouldn't recognize iTunes.

Tips? tricks?

ldimick

Reaction score
I just downloaded it and it works fine. What I had to do to get it to work was to manually enter my PC IP address. It does not find it automatically. As soon as I entered the IP address iTunes recognized my Android Device and I was able to enter the remote code.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just downloaded it and it works fine. What I had to do to get it to work was to manually enter my PC IP address. It does not find it automatically. As soon as I entered the IP address iTunes recognized my Android Device and I was able to enter the remote code.

I did this but it is still searching on my phone once I enter the code on my itunes. It says back out of the screen on my phone but that doesnt bring up anything else on my phone. Any help?

ldimick

Reaction score
You might need to turn on Home Sharing. under the Advanced menu in iTunes.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i had both of those enabled. Like it would recognize the remote on my itunes but never would come up on my droid

dverplank

Reaction score
Please Help

I have Window 7, gmote on droid, gmote server on cpu, itunes and airport express. Some how i would like to stream the music to the airport express like i did when i had iphone. I have gmote working fine on with desktop but only plays at the cpu. I would rather do this without itunes but will make do if this is the only way.

thanks in advance!

deef

Reaction score
I had a problem with tunes remote for the longest time...

What I did to fix my problem, was all of the itunes sharing stuff.... and then go to your security center on your computer.
Click on windows firewall and make sure you have "DON'T ALLOW EXCEPTIONS" unchecked.

I did that and it's worked perfectly ever since. I did have to input my ip address manually. A playlist pops up in itunes named "REMOTE" click on that and enter the 4 digit code.

You should be in business after that.

Jakenbakin

Reaction score

I did this but it is still searching on my phone once I enter the code on my itunes. It says back out of the screen on my phone but that doesnt bring up anything else on my phone. Any help?
I was having the same problem and after hours of trying this and that I realized something very simple that fixed it. When you enter your IP address you have to make sure there are not spaces between the periods. Once i realized this the application was finally able to get it to work. Hope that helps.

smurphy923

Reaction score
I had a problem with tunes remote for the longest time...

What I did to fix my problem, was all of the itunes sharing stuff.... and then go to your security center on your computer.
Click on windows firewall and make sure you have "DON'T ALLOW EXCEPTIONS" unchecked.

I did that and it's worked perfectly ever since. I did have to input my ip address manually. A playlist pops up in itunes named "REMOTE" click on that and enter the 4 digit code.

You should be in business after that.

Where do you manually put in your computer's IP address in your phone? LIttle bit lost on that one.