Tubeing/Tubing with my phone in my pocket.

Kolmen

Reaction score
I went out on the lake with a few friends and went tubing with my phone in my pocket. I took the battery out and everything (This happend over 30 hours ago) I put it in rice/blow dried it and waved it around a few trillion times. Does anyone know a 100% way to know that the insides are dry so i can put battery back in and test it? ((Phone is a droid 2))

Edit; I Turned the phone on just now and everything works! Except the screen.. Litterally just the screen is black even the touch screen works though.. It talks i got a notification that someone texted me and everything i even unlocked it without looking at it.. Lol, Everything is there but the screen will show nothing? Anyone know what i can do to fix this?

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
How to Save a Wet Cell Phone - wikiHow

Google is your friend :)

Unfortunately you used a blowdryer which has been known to cause further damage. Leave it in a bowl of rice for 1.5days and then try it.

How'd you forget to take it out of your pocket in the first place?

OP
K

Kolmen

Reaction score

Unfortunately you used a blowdryer which has been known to cause further damage. Leave it in a bowl of rice for 1.5days and then try it.

Ehh, Im 16. and i dont go tubing everyday so i was a bit on edge about it so having my phone just slipped my mind. Hope it works if i doesnt i have to wait till december then ill get me a Droid Bionic.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Ehh, Im 16. and i dont go tubing everyday so i was a bit on edge about it so having my phone just slipped my mind. Hope it works if i doesnt i have to wait till december then ill get me a Droid Bionic.

Hahaha, spontaneous moments, i still have'em too. I'm only 22 so I know where you're comin from.

I'd let the phone sit in a bowl of rice for maybe another night (you don't use it when you sleep anyway) and try it in the morning. Hope it works out for ya! If not, let it be a lesson:p

OP
K

Kolmen

Reaction score

Hahaha, spontaneous moments, i still have'em too. I'm only 22 so I know where you're comin from.

I'd let the phone sit in a bowl of rice for maybe another night (you don't use it when you sleep anyway) and try it in the morning. Hope it works out for ya! If not, let it be a lesson:p

AHH, Goodstuff :p And I appreciate the help ill be back on here tomorrow with the news of how it went if it doesnt work.

:'( Lessons will be learned. Hopefully ill be here on my phone though seems like a nice place to troll around and learn about phones and talk about my never ending love for tech :p

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
AHH, Goodstuff :p And I appreciate the help ill be back on here tomorrow with the news of how it went if it doesnt work.

:'( Lessons will be learned. Hopefully ill be here on my phone though seems like a nice place to troll around and learn about phones and talk about my never ending love for tech :p

I hope you meant to type "stroll" and not "troll". We don't take too kindly to trolls around here. LOL!

Stick around and enjoy though. There's what seems and endless amount of information here and we'll help you better understand your Droid.

Please give us some updates on whether it works or not. Maybe some other users might chime in for some better remedies. I have heard of some users letting it sit in rice for a good 3 days though...

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know a 100% way to know that the insides are dry so i can put battery back in and test it? ((Phone is a droid 2))
Short of complete disassembly, no. It will takes days to dry out.

If you have to take your phone on the water then check out something like the Otterbox (not their smartphone cases but their waterproof boxes).

OP
K

Kolmen

Reaction score
Does anyone know a 100% way to know that the insides are dry so i can put battery back in and test it? ((Phone is a droid 2))
Short of complete disassembly, no. It will takes days to dry out.

If you have to take your phone on the water then check out something like the Otterbox (not their smartphone cases but their waterproof boxes).
I turned it on and i get a black screen i can controll the touchscreen and everything all that works but i cant see anything, You know anything i can do to fix that? Mabye replace the screen?

donerico

Reaction score
I dropped my Droid in 2 Feet of watter

About eight months ago. I immediately took the battery out and put the phone in rice for several days, one step I took but would not recommend was to put the bowl with the rice and the phone in the oven for a little while (it got too hot), in any case, the phone is working just fine 8 months latter. The power button has recently started to act up, but I think that is from normal wear and tear, I have had the phone for almost two years. I have insurance but rather keep my good old Droid than get a refurb.