TTS issue on ICS leak. Do you notice this?

z96Cobra

Reaction score
I'm running the .2233 leak and have noticed an issue with TTS during navigation. Sometimes the TTS voice sounds "clean" and normal. Then, the next time "she" speaks it sounds like she's been smoking for 40 years & has emphysema. Then, it will be the normal voice again. Anyone else on ICS see (hear) this?

grgguy

Reaction score
I had noticed that they were using 2 different female voices . I didn't think 1 was a life long smoker though. I was also running 2233 and have since switched the 232 . I would recommend you do the same. I was having problems with the gps while running gmaps . Those problems are gone with 232. Oh and its just one voice now too ( I like to imagine she's a hot British girl).

josh1980

Reaction score
I've had that happen before. The problem is that the CPU is too busy processing other stuff to process the TTS and the speaker doesn't get a good solid output from the TTS converter. The way you can fix it is to either remove some of the background stuff that is running or get one of those apps that you can use to force the CPU to a higher frequency. The CPU throttle can sometimes take the CPU frequency too low to maintain adequate power for processing. By artificially forcing it to be a higher frequency that will usually fix it.

I used Antutu CPU Master to force the frequency to maximum when using Google Maps. Kind of sucks when you can't understand what the TTS is saying while driving. Problem cleared right up.

bamafan39

Reaction score
im on 232 and mine does it..its like my wife is giving me directions and then my mother inlaw butts in!:p

striker85

Reaction score
Just got back from a 16 hour drive where this was happening non stop. It actually is rather annoying. Anyone have a suggestion for a fix? I'm not running any background apps.

rduckwor

Reaction score
Mine speaks when she chooses. Not consistent. Sometimes I get voice guidance sometimes I don't. Strange.

RMD

OP
Z

z96Cobra

Reaction score
I've also noticed that if I use Co-Pilot for navigation, I get the crappy/raspy voice all the time. "She" also pronounces Co-pilot as "cop a lot"...