Trying to Use Squidly but Failing

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by Xplorer4x4, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Trying to Use Squidly but Failing: Can't "Touch Android to Begin"

I have root,installed the D2 Bootstrap, reboot in to recovery, flash the zip for squigly, flash the v1 of the romer tool,(and i tried flashing the sensor zip to) and then boot to the set up screen where it says tap the android to begin. I can tap the language button, and it works but the android does not work so I have no way to set up the phone. I have tried 5 or 6 times and its always the same result. The info in the Get~R~Done forum says squidly should be compatible, and does not mention anything in regards to version numbers of the rom. Do I need an older version like is the case with Apex?

#1 Xplorer4x4, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  2. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Tried a different SD card and flash quidly sucessfuly, flashed the proper romer succesfully, boot looped on the first try. Yanked battery. Booted into stock recovery and wipe data/factory reset, and wiped cache partition to. Still no response when i try to tape the android logo. Going to try one more time with the sensor patch this time, although it doesnt sound like it should be an issue, and I guess if this fails I will have to deal with the original Diet Droid rom untill some one can figure out whats wrong.

I really want to run Apex or Squidly as I like to keep my motoblur.

3. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Ok tried squidly again for the millionth time. I give up until some one can help me. I did notice that when it wants me to touch the android to being, the android turns white when i tape it, but does not proceed to the next screen. Is the romer only compatible with an older version of squidly?

EDIT: So I let it sit on the screen forever, and tried some of the bypass methods out there like the droid x method of tapping the 4 corners. Eventually the activation screen disappeared, and now it says "communicating with server" but I have no data connection and cant seem to get this screen to go away. Any ideas?

EDIT2: Ok using voice commands I was bale to access settings. I can not activate wifi though. And have no 3G connection since my phone hasnt been activated. :

#3 Xplorer4x4, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  4. apollyon0810

apollyon0810 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know it doesnt really help, but I wouldn't use any from other than stock or maybe Fission. Anything else out there seems to be bug-filled work-arounds.

5. 13th angel

13th angel Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    It works. With regards to the work around and no 3g, can you get to your home screen and the dialer? if you can call *228 and choose option 1. Should work for ya then.

6. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Nope I cant access the home screen, but thank you for that tip as there was once or twice where that would have come in handy sooner. :p Any other ideas? I am using liberty and have it set up to my liking. Sure it has no blur, but atleast I can sync it to facebook for contact pics and unlike motoblur I can actually customize the name where as blur contacts over rides the given name with the facebook name.I thik I am pretty content with Liberty but I still wouldnt mind giving Apex or Squidly a test run just to be sure!

7. droid doctor

droid doctor Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you wipe/factory reset?

8. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I dont know what you base this on but Librety is working great on my D2G.

Before flashing squidly? Nope, I dont think it was mentioned as being required. Maybe I will give it a try later but pretty content with Librety actually.

9. droid doctor

droid doctor Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you had a previous version of squidly then you don't have to wipe/factory reset but if you came from another rom you did.

10. apollyon0810

apollyon0810 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do your sensors work with Liberty? Did you use the GRD "romer"?

11. apollyon0810

apollyon0810 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is true for just about any rom out there...

12. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I was stock at the time.
    Nope I flashed the sensor zip just to make sure, so i guess in that regard it is fair to say work around but dont know about bug filled..

Yes I used the romer..kind of have to dont we?